Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

It’s the little things...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

The touch sensitive reading lights, are dimmable! Hold the touch when you turn them on and they smoothly dim down if you don't want them on full brightness.
The following 2 users liked this post by paradyne:
CP10 (12-19-2023), Sleazey (09-04-2021)
Old 07-31-2018, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by paradyne
The touch sensitive reading lights, are dimmable! Hold the touch when you turn them on and they smoothly dim down if you don't want them on full brightness.
That is the first item on this thread that I did not know about, thanks for sharing.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a few:
  1. When the car is running and you have to open the driver's side door an incessant chime sounds reminding you to close the door - you can temporarily mute it by pushing the left arrow button on the steering wheel
  2. Down shift with the paddles for some engine braking down a grade - instantly go back into automatic mode with a quick tug down of the shifter
  3. Being able to close the trunk from the driver's door, on cars with automatic luggage compartment lid
  4. The fuel door has a spot to hold the cap in place while you refuel
  5. Down shift to lowest gear without over revving the engine by holding down down shift paddle
  6. Up shift to highest gear without bogging engine by holding up shift paddle
  7. Red led lighting up near door handles for exit assist feature
  8. Climate control fan speed lowers for center vents when using voice commands and phone
  9. The clip and pen holder in glove box lid to hold insurance and registration...as well as a writing instrument
  10. Reminder to charge your phone when phone battery is low
  11. Reminder to take your phone with you before you leave the car
  12. Being able to set sound levels treble, bass, etc. for each available input
  13. Although all cars have this now, the arrow on the fuel gauge indicating which side the fuel door is located
  14. After locking doors with touch of door handle...unlocking being disabled for a few seconds so you can give the handle a tug to make sure the car is locked up
  15. There are so many more...but I have to get back to work!
Old 08-03-2018, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

The headlight switch actually tells you the status of each light. White = off, green = on.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Closing trunk from driver's door

Originally Posted by joedaman88
I have a few:
  1. When the car is running and you have to open the driver's side door an incessant chime sounds reminding you to close the door - you can temporarily mute it by pushing the left arrow button on the steering wheel
  2. Down shift with the paddles for some engine braking down a grade - instantly go back into automatic mode with a quick tug down of the shifter
  3. Being able to close the trunk from the driver's door, on cars with automatic luggage compartment lid
  4. The fuel door has a spot to hold the cap in place while you refuel
  5. Down shift to lowest gear without over revving the engine by holding down down shift paddle
  6. Up shift to highest gear without bogging engine by holding up shift paddle
  7. Red led lighting up near door handles for exit assist feature
  8. Climate control fan speed lowers for center vents when using voice commands and phone
  9. The clip and pen holder in glove box lid to hold insurance and registration...as well as a writing instrument
  10. Reminder to charge your phone when phone battery is low
  11. Reminder to take your phone with you before you leave the car
  12. Being able to set sound levels treble, bass, etc. for each available input
  13. Although all cars have this now, the arrow on the fuel gauge indicating which side the fuel door is located
  14. After locking doors with touch of door handle...unlocking being disabled for a few seconds so you can give the handle a tug to make sure the car is locked up
  15. There are so many more...but I have to get back to work!
Great post. How do you close the trunk from the driver's door? The button on my car only seems to allow pulling up to open trunklid.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cworsham
Great post. How do you close the trunk from the driver's door? The button on my car only seems to allow pulling up to open trunklid.
Only applies to sportbacks. You pull and hold the button until the hatch closes.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by paradyne
That doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone else try?
Old 08-04-2018, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
Only applies to sportbacks. You pull and hold the button until the hatch closes.
nice, I’ll have to try that. I think the sport backs have the hands free hatch open as well. The foot kick under the bumper thing. I can’t get it to work though. I’ve accidentally triggered it before
Old 08-04-2018, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
That doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone else try?
i think you need to start with them off. Long press from off the it turns on then dims.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SolventSolution
nice, I’ll have to try that. I think the sport backs have the hands free hatch open as well. The foot kick under the bumper thing. I can’t get it to work though. I’ve accidentally triggered it before
You have to move your foot front to back in one motion, NOT side to side. It's explained in the manual. They do that to reduce false activation.

Quick Reply: It’s the little things...