Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

1 Year Software Update?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
We're still waiting for the 2019 map update, even though it should be out by now based on last year's update. Only the 2018/2019 update is up on the site right now.
I updated my navigation's maps to the 2019 through the MMI system last week.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
I updated my navigation's maps to the 2019 through the MMI system last week.
Weird, thanks for the heads up. I’ll check it out when I get in the car. Still only 2018/2019 on myAudi.

Sure enough, it’s there. Takes *forever* to download and install OTA, even for just two states. That’s why I didn’t even bother checking earlier. Thanks!

Last edited by rccoleman; 02-15-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default myAudi not showing 2019 update yet

Weird, thanks for the heads up. I’ll check it out when I get in the car. Still only 2018/2019 on myAudi.

Sure enough, it’s there. Takes *forever* to download and install OTA, even for just two states. That’s why I didn’t even bother checking earlier. Thanks!
Thanks for letting us know.
I am also still not showing 2019 map update on myAudi site. Because of how long the download is OTA, I will try to wait till it's posted online.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Yes, I updated to the 2019 maps in my area. I updated it from the MMI system, though.
How do you do that, what connection does it use?
Old 02-15-2019, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by belzebutt
How do you do that, what connection does it use?
The built in LTE cellular connection, and an Audi Connect subscription isn’t required. I hadn’t done it in a while and had to find it again. Go into Audi Connect->Software Update.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:52 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

The built in LTE cellular connection, and an Audi Connect subscription isn’t required. I hadn’t done it in a while and had to find it again. Go into Audi Connect->Software Update.
I can’t even any mention of it on the MyAudi web site — or, am I on the wrong web site?
Old 02-16-2019, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

I can’t even any mention of it on the MyAudi web site — or, am I on the wrong web site?
Nikon- correct website, but it’s showing yet (post #13). It did come up when I did the OTA option. It downloaded the maps at 750kbps or .75mgs, so pretty slow given the connection is “LTE”.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx

Nikon- correct website, but it’s showing yet (post #13). It did come up when I did the OTA option. It downloaded the maps at 750kbps or .75mgs, so pretty slow given the connection is “LTE”.
I also downloaded the 2019 map update today OTA - loaded fine but was a very slow process. Only loaded the 3-4 states in my region (southeast).
Old 02-16-2019, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Those are the instructions for doing it from your car, not from the website.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:27 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I did find this in another thread:

Originally Posted by FPF
The new 2018 nav update is out. I’ve seen update instructions several places but not everything in one place. Here is a concise step by step of how to update your maps from the internet for 2018 Q5 owners. I did this on a Mac, Windows may be a little different.

1) Get a 32 Gig SD memory card. Mine cost $20.
2) Go to My Audi site, https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi. Log in.
3) Click on the “Audi connect services” icon (below the car).
4) On the services tab, click the right arrow to scroll to “Map update.” Click on it.
5) You can choose “Complete package” or “Individual country.” Your choice. I chose complete package.
6) Put you SD card in your computer. Alternately, you can load the map files to your hard drive. Click on “prepare package” at the bottom.
7) This will download a file called “downloader” with a bunch of numbers after the word.
8) You need the latest version of Java. It will prompt you if needed.
9) On the Mac, I needed to go into my security settings to allow the downloader file to open.
10) It will open with a Java screen, followed by a Download client window that says “my Audi.” It asks you to choose a folder location for the files. Pick a location on your hard drive or SD card and click to go.
11) The download starts and is tracked in the Download client window. The size of the files is 10.6 gig. It took about 2 hours to download on my computer.
12) Once the files are downloaded, transfer them to your SD card if you didn’t load them direct. There will be two files “0231001C.md5”, “metainfo2.txt” and two folders “Mib1” and Mib2”. All are needed.
13) Go to your car. You can do this while you are driving or stationary but the car must be on (not necessarily running but on). I did it in my garage.
14) Stick the SD card into the SD1 slot in your glove box.
15) In your MMI, go to Main menu>>Settings. Push the MMI scroll wheel to the left, it brings up a menu that says “MMI setup” and “System update.” Pick “System update.”
16) Pick SD1 (i.e. where you put your SD card) and press the MMI button to select.
17) The nav update will start and inform you of progress on the MMI screen. My update took about 20 minutes to load in my car.

Lots of steps but really pretty easy. I hope this helps. Enjoy your new maps.
I’d rather download via my computer than OTA the update. As someone already noted - it’s supposed to be an LTE connection but it’s too slow and limited.

Quick Reply: 1 Year Software Update?