Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

'18 Navarra S5 SB Build Thread - JB4+Power/Wheels/Handling/Cosmetic

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Default '18 Navarra S5 SB Build Thread - JB4+Power/Wheels/Handling/Cosmetic

Hey All,

Some of you maybe like what I have to say, some of you definitely hate me, but either way I've got some interesting things going on with my S5 that I figured I would share.

Originally I was planning to keep my S5 mostly stock, but after the demise of my beloved FBO Mk7 Golf R I no longer have a weekend toy and mod car. In the process of resolving my totaled R, I was paid out $4k for the mods that were installed by my insurance company (full retail value). This money is going into the S5 and/or RS5 that I will be buying after it.
  1. JB4 by Burger Motorsports -
    • Recently got my JB4 beta unit with Bluetooth connect and installed it last week. Working with them to help out on install instructions and test out new settings as my hardware changes. This is probably more them helping me than the other way around
    • Currently running Map 2 (+3psi) and the car pulls very strong.
    • Unit can log a lot of important parameters
    • The car is pretty clearly cooling limited right now, so the next thing...
    • Overall goal is to get this tuned in "custom" on map 6 with the the mods below.
  2. Drivetrain Mods -
    • Right now IE is the only available intercooler option - looks like a great unit and is priced well for a large IC.
    • Currently talking to another well known tuner about testing their IC, more to come...
    • Intake will likely be a thing but waiting for the market to have some options. Only 1 option I know of now. Wont go for anything fancy, just more functional
    • Will look into a high flow catted downpipe (e.g. Milltek), but only after I have decided if I will keep this car.
  3. Wheels by VMR -
    • Installed 19"x9.5" ET35 Hyper Silver VMR 801's in April.
    • Running Michelin PS AS3+ 255/35/19 Tires (thought this car wasnt gonna be my "fun" car) but these tires are pretty great for variable road conditions.
    • Love the wheels, but they need spacers - recently got the ECS spacer fitment kit to determine the exact spacers that will work best for this setup. Will be testing that stuff out this weekend.
  4. Suspension/Handling -
    • On my Golf and my B8 S4 I had some pretty great experiences with the Alukreuz, dogbone inserts, and swaybars, this car could probably see some similar benefits so I'll be exploring those products.
    • No specific plans yet, but any suspension work will take place after I've decided whether or not to buy the RS5 SB.
  5. Cosmetic -
    • Just ordered Euro Blackline Taillights - Might take a few weeks for them to come in, but I'm pumped, the look is probably the best I've seen from an OEM US -> OEM Euro swap.
    • Going to hold off on other cosmetic mods until the S5 vs RS5 decision is made. I've been known to do some wild things....

My B8 S4 -

My S5 SB

Old 06-28-2018, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Very interesting. Looking forward to your progress and updates. I really like the blue on the S4.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

The picture of the S4 reminds me of how good looking the 19" peeler wheels were, especially after they were cleaned and polished.. I'm not a big fan of all the asymmetrical styles they seem to be going with now.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I used my ECS spacer fitment kit last night.

Results are as follows for the setup

Wheels: 19x9.5" ET35 VMR801
Tires: 255/35/19 Michelin PS A/S 3+
Back Spacer (Conservative-Aggressive): 10mm - 12.5mm
Front Spacer (Conservative-Aggressive): 7.5mm - 10mm

Pretty disappointed in the results because a 7.5mm spacer will not be hub-centric on the wheel. So I am left with doing 10mm/12.5mm setup and hoping that it doesn't rub. I think its probably going to require an alignment to accomplish.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

After researching some other places, it looks like 10mm spacers are confirmed to work.

My dilemma now lies in the fact that the fronts will protrude more than the back with square spacers. Seems like 12.5mm might be in order for the rears.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Got word today that my blackline tail light delivery is pushed up! getting the lights on thursday.

Have to wait a bit for the VCP interface to code them so install wont be for a week or more.

Placed my order for 10mm spacers (4) today, will install those asap.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Look what showed up from Germany today!

Old 07-05-2018, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Cannot wait to see them installed!
Old 07-05-2018, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

They look like candy. I want to see them installed as I have been tossing around the idea of getting these.
I may just have a friend in Europe buy them and ship them to me though as I am sure I can save $$$ going that route.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
They look like candy. I want to see them installed as I have been tossing around the idea of getting these.
I may just have a friend in Europe buy them and ship them to me though as I am sure I can save $$$ going that route.
Unfortunately, its not so simple, I went through europrice because you need instructions on how to install and the wiring kit, and you even need the Audi pin extractor tools to rewire the harnesses. They provide all of that including installation support with their price.

Secondly, you must have the VCP interface to code the taillights to work, VCDS and OBD11 cannot do it. All in I've spent about 1550 for this and will be installing myself.

Quick Reply: '18 Navarra S5 SB Build Thread - JB4+Power/Wheels/Handling/Cosmetic