AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   19' RS5 SB or 17' CPO RS7 Performance (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/19-rs5-sb-17-cpo-rs7-performance-2972341/)

antoff 05-14-2019 10:02 AM

19' RS5 SB or 17' CPO RS7 Performance

Hey guys I am in between....whether to custom order RS5 SB or go for a slightly used RS7 Performance. Prices on those are very very close..

Will appreciate any inputs

BreedsAs 05-14-2019 10:21 AM

RS5 SB all the way, and that is with facts over bias!
The main reason is that the RS5 will have a higher value in the future as the RS7 is an older variant of the previous A7 generation.
Now of course you will take the depreciation hit of a new car with the RS5, but it is better than the unknown hit you will take with the RS7.

Yoshimura 05-14-2019 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by BreedsAs (Post 25316680)
The main reason is that the RS5 will have a higher value in the future as the RS7 is an older variant of the previous A7 generation.
Now of course you will take the depreciation hit of a new car with the RS5, but it is better than the unknown hit you will take with the RS7.

The unknow hit you are taking about will be nowhere as high as the depreciation hit of a new car.

BreedsAs 05-14-2019 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Yoshimura (Post 25316688)
The unknow hit you are taking about will be nowhere as high as the depreciation hit of a new car.

Considering that the A7 and variants have very low demand, and were rated as the industry wide model to sit on on dealer lots the longest of any other Audi, I'm sure the new model will just make that worse.
The Sportback in any form is a hotter seller.

BreedsAs 05-14-2019 10:52 AM

OP, how about putting apples to apples and comparing the new S7, and the older generation RS7?
Very similar in price, but you will be just about getting RS5 performance with the new S7, with extra space.

belzebutt 05-14-2019 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by BreedsAs (Post 25316680)

So you want him to pick what car he should drive based on how much money he might make selling it to someone else in a few years? Shouldn't he be deciding what car he should buy based on what car he likes the most and what meets his needs?

BreedsAs 05-14-2019 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by belzebutt (Post 25316700)
So you want him to pick what car he should drive based on how much money he might make selling it to someone else in a few years? Shouldn't he be deciding what car he should buy based on what car he likes the most and what meets his needs?

Check his signature. Do you see how many newer generation cars he has had in the last few years? It shows he does not keep them long, so I'm pretty sure depreciation is pretty important.

antoff 05-14-2019 11:57 AM

thanks guys for your inputs so far. Yeah depreciation is very important thing like BreedsAs said.

As far as which one of those I mostly like I am in between... I like and I dont like few things about them. I like the RS5 SB exterior better but I like RS7 V8 better than V6 . Also I like RS7 interior and B&O sound better but I like RS5 virtual cockpit.. it will be hard one

JD15 05-14-2019 12:13 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that the C8 S7 will share its engine with the RS5, so it will probably be difficult to upgrade to the S7 if you go with the RS5 now.

antoff 05-14-2019 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by JD15 (Post 25316745)
One thing to keep in mind is that the C8 S7 will share its engine with the RS5, so it will probably be difficult to upgrade to the S7 if you go with the RS5 now.

Im totally excluding the new S7 from my plans at all..I just dont understand big heavy car with smaller engine:confused:

upgrade will be the next gen RS5 then...