Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2018 a5 sportback - Programming garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 a5 sportback - Programming garage door opener

I saw a thread posted in 2017 about issues with homelink. I just purchased a new 2018 audi a5 sportback and ran into trouble trying to program my chamberlain garage door opener. I was able to program the same opener to a 2018 ford explorer with no problems. I took the vehicle and remote to the dealer and they could not program the unit either. My chamberlain has an orange learn button. I even bought a new different remote to see if that was the issue. I am in contact with Homelink to see if they can help. But it appears that Audi's homelink system does not work as well as other manufacturers (i was able to program a subaru and ford to the remote no problem). I will keep all informed as to what Homelink responds with.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jonp3013
I saw a thread posted in 2017 about issues with homelink. I just purchased a new 2018 audi a5 sportback and ran into trouble trying to program my chamberlain garage door opener. I was able to program the same opener to a 2018 ford explorer with no problems. I took the vehicle and remote to the dealer and they could not program the unit either. My chamberlain has an orange learn button. I even bought a new different remote to see if that was the issue. I am in contact with Homelink to see if they can help. But it appears that Audi's homelink system does not work as well as other manufacturers (i was able to program a subaru and ford to the remote no problem). I will keep all informed as to what Homelink responds with.
did you read the thread about pulling one of the fuses? Seems to have worked for lot of other people in here...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...eiver-2931280/
Old 12-24-2018, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbone323
did you read the thread about pulling one of the fuses? Seems to have worked for lot of other people in here...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...eiver-2931280/
The method referenced by Tbone seems to work for those with otherwise unsolvable programming issues. What worked for me, and has for multiple other folks, was to follow the instructions on the Homelink site. The Homelink site instructions often do not match the MMI instructions.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just pull the fuse.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by AgMaple
The method referenced by Tbone seems to work for those with otherwise unsolvable programming issues. What worked for me, and has for multiple other folks, was to follow the instructions on the Homelink site. The Homelink site instructions often do not match the MMI instructions.
+1 on following the Homelink instructions. It worked flawlessly the first time and fortunately, I did not have to pull a fuse. When I followed the MMI instructions, the buttons would lose programming after a 3-4 days.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedKloud
Just pull the fuse.
When you pull the fuse, do your reinstall it after you program the opener?
Old 12-24-2018, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dafantom
When you pull the fuse, do your reinstall it after you program the opener?
Yes, otherwise your side assist won't work. You just need to pull the fuse once for programming.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, otherwise your side assist won't work. You just need to pull the fuse once for programming.
Thanks!
Old 12-25-2018, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding audi garage door issues

Hi - the audi dealership told me that they tried pulling the fuse when they attempted to get the remote to work, This did not solve the problem

Just pull the fuse.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jonp3013
Hi - the audi dealership told me that they tried pulling the fuse when they attempted to get the remote to work, This did not solve the problem
How would they know without being in front of your garage door? You can't do this sort of thing at the dealership.

Quick Reply: 2018 a5 sportback - Programming garage door opener