Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2018 Audi A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Audi A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet Wheels?

I just joined the Audi Car Club and will wait the 6 months to get the 6 pct discount. I am looking at the following options:

Scuba Blue or Gotland Green
Luxury Package
Rock Gray seats
Walnut Wood

The only thing I don't like are the wheels. I really like the 18" 5-double-spoke-star design wheels that are on the S5.

So question for the group is, I want all season tires but the 18" 5-double-spoke star design wheels. Seems like that is an option on the A5 sport back, I do not understand why I can not get what I want even when I am willing to wait the 3 or 4 months.

Any suggestions on how to best handle something like this? In the alternative, what is the best place to get after market similar wheels or wheels from Audi?
Old 06-24-2017, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could look out for someone with an S5 that took off their OEM wheels you like and are selling them here or AZ. S5 owners generally don't like the look of 18's. That will give you an extra set to throw on during the winter.

I have 20's on right now and I throw on the OEM 19" peelers for the winter.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, so any Audi 18 owner's have some of these wheels 18" 5-double-spoke-star design wheels for sale?

5-double-spoke-star design wheels
Old 06-24-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tbellmer
I just joined the Audi Car Club and will wait the 6 months to get the 6 pct discount. I am looking at the following options:

Luxury Package
Rock Gray seats
Walnut Wood

The only thing I don't like are the wheels. I really like the 18" 5-double-spoke-star design wheels that are on the S5.

So question for the group is, I want all season tires but the 18" 5-double-spoke star design wheels. Seems like that is an option on the A5 sport back, I do not understand why I can not get what I want even when I am willing to wait the 3 or 4 months.

Any suggestions on how to best handle something like this? In the alternative, what is the best place to get after market similar wheels or wheels from Audi?
First off, don't count on absolutely getting 6% off just because you joined ACNA. That is entirely dealer dependent and with the B9's being so new, the discounts are all over the map from 0-6% and the Cabrio's sell as fast as Audi makes them at or near full list. Secondly, the dealer will most likely be more than happy to get whatever wheels and tires you want but again, be prepared to pay extra.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by tbellmer

Luxury Package
Rock Gray seats
Walnut Wood

The wheels can't be ordered on that car from the factory, and a dealer won't swap them out, because the VIN gets tied to the equipment. Has nothing to do with you being willing to wait. That being said, any dealer can roll the wheels into the purchase price from the parts department, or work a deal with them into the mix by offsetting the discount.

The ACNA discount is great, if a dealer honors it. They don't need to. Deals can be had without the membership though...it's the inventory that can be hard to come by