Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2018 Audi s5 Sportback trunk all weather mat

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Some times you can buy the generic cargo net from ebay at 25% of the cost of the Audi one. You just need to get the right dimensions.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Resurrecting an old thread that was longer than this newer one (All Weather Cargo Mat / Trunk Liner Suggestions? - AudiWorld Forums).

I just ordered the A5 Coupe (2018) all weather cargo - trunk liner mat from a local dealer. My local service dealer sent me a $100 gift card expiring 1/31 in the mail to use on service, parts and accessories. It took it down to $60 plus the taxes on the original amount. I am still on my prepaid 50K Audi Care maintenance so didn't need it for that and I looked at every accessory online and this is the only one that held my interest. I don't need any Audi-branded clothes or gear.

I'll make sure I take a photos of it in the trunk when I get it next week. It appears that the Weathertech model is a near, but not perfect fit for the SB. Am curious to see how the genuine Audi mat fits.

Audi A5 coupe cargo mat purchased: 2018 Audi A5 All-Weather Cargo Mat - Coupe - 8W6061180 | Audi Stevens Creek, San Jose CA (sanjoseaudi.com)

Last edited by caranddriver; 01-26-2021 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

FWIW - I have a set of B9 Audi A5 front floor mats still in the original packaging that I’m going to post in the for sale forum. If anyone is interested please let me know through a PM. Selling well below dealer price. I ordered them in error from Audi.

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2019RS5Sportback
FWIW - I have a set of B9 Audi A5 front floor mats still in the original packaging that I’m going to post in the for sale forum. If anyone is interested please let me know through a PM. Selling well below dealer price. I ordered them in error from Audi.

Thanks.
Non-returnable or exchangeable? Bummer about the mistake.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by caranddriver
I'll make sure I take a photos of it in the trunk when I get it next week. It appears that the Weathertech model is a near, but not perfect fit for the SB. Am curious to see how the genuine Audi mat fits.

Audi A5 coupe cargo mat purchased: 2018 Audi A5 All-Weather Cargo Mat - Coupe - 8W6061180 | Audi Stevens Creek, San Jose CA (sanjoseaudi.com)
The Audi cargo mat is a perfect fit. My experience with Weathertech has been mixed; they claim that all of their items are "laser measured," but in reality, I have found that roughly half are not precisely measured and fit poorly. For example, I had a set of their floor liners for my B8; the front floor liners fit perfectly, whereas the rear had at least a one inch gap on all sides and were clearly not intended solely for the B8 A4.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD15
The Audi cargo mat is a perfect fit. My experience with Weathertech has been mixed; they claim that all of their items are "laser measured," but in reality, I have found that roughly half are not precisely measured and fit poorly. For example, I had a set of their floor liners for my B8; the front floor liners fit perfectly, whereas the rear had at least a one inch gap on all sides and were clearly not intended solely for the B8 A4.
Thanks. It seems WTech spends less effort on the rear than the fronts. Read a similar post. In the A4 B9 forum, some people did not think too greatly of the genuine Audi mat material. I'm not looking for heavy material that can withstand construction duty myself. I don't have that expectation.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, too, have a 2018 S5 Sportback in Gotland Green.
I had an Aston Martin Vantage in Ghillies Green (custom ordered).
I also have a Green Beret having served in Special Forces
over 50 years ago.
Stay healthy and safe!!
Old 01-27-2021, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by caranddriver
Thanks. It seems WTech spends less effort on the rear than the fronts. Read a similar post. In the A4 B9 forum, some people did not think too greatly of the genuine Audi mat material. I'm not looking for heavy material that can withstand construction duty myself. I don't have that expectation.
If I remember correctly, the Audi boot liner was kind of slippery, the WeatherTech that replaced it has some good grip and is a better quality mat. Besides, I got tired of seeing that giant A5 imprinted on the stock mat when I opened the boot up! Someone on here found a company that sells an S5 or Audi Sport badge to swap with the WeatherTech badge if that is an issue.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Picked up the genuine Audi A5 coupe mat and it is definitely more a plastic liner than a rubber mat (similar to the one I bought for my Mazda recently). It fits perfectly at the trunk opening edge so if perhaps there might be a flaw if your genuine mat does not. It appears the coupe has a smoother edge to the trunk edge than the SB. Probably goes for the sedan as well. Perhaps Weathertech got lazy in modifying. I have a trunk net so will need to cut into the mat. I'm thinking of just slicing a line so the metal hook can come up straight to keep as much of the protection as possible. Will start with that first and see how it goes.

Last edited by caranddriver; 02-02-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

[QUOTE=caranddriver;25547795]Picked up the genuine Audi A5 coupe mat and it is definitely more a plastic liner than a rubber mat (similar to the one I bought for my Mazda recently). It fits perfectly at the trunk opening edge so if perhaps there might be a flaw if your genuine mat does not. It appears the coupe has a smoother edge to the trunk edge than the SB. Probably goes for the sedan as well. Perhaps Weathertech got lazy in modifying. I have a trunk net so will need to cut into the mat. I'm thinking of just slicing a line so the metal hook can come up straight to keep as much of the protection as possible. Will start with that first and see how it goes.

Look below the battery meter and you can see how I cut flaps into the mat, I tried cutting slits first and it did not work out well. This is a WeatherTech mat, not the stock Audi Mat.

Quick Reply: 2018 Audi s5 Sportback trunk all weather mat