Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2018 Audi s5 Sportback trunk all weather mat

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
That's where we differ. I couldn't careless about what the general public thinks. It's my preference about the mats. Most will never see them, but when I open that trunk to put my sons stroller in my $90k car I would prefer not to see an A5 logo. I paid a premium for a reason. If the small things didn't matter then most on these forums would be driving a Kia Stinger. Also, to the general public they will see our cars as an Audi. Most don't know car models. I can guarantee you though that more people will notice that RS5 driving by before they notice the A5. Thats just the reality of the situation. Nobody is mistaking and RS5 for an A5 when they are parked next to each other.
I agree, I install car accessories to My liking, not to draw attention or to impess others. With that said, I would never put a A5 license plate frame on my S5 but the A5 cargo mat logo is out of site. The A5 logo is very low profile, I do not believe I have once notice it. Most of the time, there is stuff on top it. I have the rubber mat with the cargo net combination and it works very well for most cargo.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:34 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx

ego or just passionate about the details of owning something “magical”?

ha - better make sure it’s black gorilla tape—high end stuff

Well, personal opinions will vary but mine is : There is nothing “magical” about my S5. It’s a very well engineered car that provides superior transportation and an extremely comfortable ride while transporting me — and looks very “sporty” to me — at a premium price.

I might have to stop at The Home Depot to find this “Black Gorilla Tape” that you speak of — not for the mat but because it is “high end stuff.”

Old 01-12-2019, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

ego or just passionate about the details of owning something “magical”?

ha - better make sure it’s black gorilla tape—high end stuff
Actually, how about I wrap entire mat with carbon fiber pattern vinyl wrap? I heard that adds at least 15 hp.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Well, personal opinions will vary but mine is : There is nothing “magical” about my S5. It’s a very well engineered car that provides superior transportation and an extremely comfortable ride while transporting me — and looks very “sporty” to me — at a premium price.

I might have to stop at The Home Depot to find this “Black Gorilla Tape” that you speak of — not for the mat but because it is “high end stuff.”

It’s good stuff. Will strongly adhere to just about anything, including in exterior applications. Used it to manage a few christmas light cords this year.

Originally Posted by JD15
Actually, how about I wrap entire mat with carbon fiber pattern vinyl wrap? I heard that adds at least 15 hp.
Sounds like a labour of love and something I’d definitely want to see the finish product on - +15 HP or not! We could even form a DFW / TX *5 club to compare mats and stylings.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:20 AM
Club AutoUnion

Sounds like a labour of love and something I’d definitely want to see the finish product on - +15 HP or not! We could even form a DFW / TX *5 club to compare mats and stylings.

Wait — Only “DFW /TX” club? Discrimination against the rest of “The Family?”

(J/K — I adhere to the Groucho Rule: “I wouldn’t belong to a club that would have me.”)

Old 01-12-2019, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Wait — Only “DFW /TX” club? Discrimination against the rest of “The Family?”

(J/K — I adhere to the Groucho Rule: “I wouldn’t belong to a club that would have me.”)

Well a drive from NJ to TX is somewhat like a drive from Dallas to the southern TX border - so come join the fun
Old 01-14-2019, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

A current trend is "down-badging" where people deliberately put badges of an inferior model on their car. i.e. an A5 badge on an RS5.
I'm guessing that this trend would have a lot of trouble gaining traction here.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:23 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I wonder how Audi lists the S variants on their main website in Germany: https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de.html
Old 01-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by N8!
I wonder how Audi lists the S variants on their main website in Germany: https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de.html
Now I wish I’d have paid more attention in my 9th grade German class to what the very attractive German teacher was teaching — instead of fantasizing about the teacher.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:49 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Now I wish I’d have paid more attention in my 9th grade German class to what the very attractive German teacher was teaching — instead of fantasizing about the teacher.
One of the advantages of just moving back from Germany (lived there 2013-2017 just a few clicks from Audi in Heilbronn).

Quick Reply: 2018 Audi s5 Sportback trunk all weather mat