Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 A5 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
why is it crazy?

those executive level cars were the new cars for 2019 - that is their focus. The 2019 A3, A4, A5, etc are substantially the same exact car for 2018, so pricing changes will reflect that and be minimal.
Just my choice word at the moment. I guess "interesting" may have fit better. They just seem to be going down the line. From your example though you would think pricing would have been released sooner for the A3, A4 and A5 given they are the same car as the 2018's.
I just find it interesting they are releasing from the top down not in a bad way.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MH62
What's a bit crazy to me is that I get to share pricing with my salesman and not the other way around.
Ditto.
I've literally have had to tell my salesman when the Order Guides have been updated, when they had allocation for the RS5 Sportback as well as the pricing.
Granted they sell tons of cars and i'm sure it's hard to keep up with pricing for every model but when speaking to a client interested in a particular model you would think they would do a little research to have info to make the sale.
My salesmen is a nice guy though and provides good service with everything else.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Just my choice word at the moment. I guess "interesting" may have fit better. They just seem to be going down the line. From your example though you would think pricing would have been released sooner for the A3, A4 and A5 given they are the same car as the 2018's.
I just find it interesting they are releasing from the top down not in a bad way.
The focus is always on the new releases, and not on the model year change cars

I also would not necessarily put stock in the pricing being accurate, as I have seen third party sources misquote things before (or omit), and Audi can, and often does, revise pricing in their order guides

Many salespeople are focused on cars that can move today, not cars to be ordered. It's just a mindset. I find it off-putting too, with all the cars I have ordered over the years. Now that I am on that side of the desk, I treat it the same as any inquiry, because it can eventually become a delivered unit. I love taking new car orders for people. Some dealers/salespeople don't, and only focus on selling what they have.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The focus is always on the new releases, and not on the model year change cars

I also would not necessarily put stock in the pricing being accurate, as I have seen third party sources misquote things before (or omit), and Audi can, and often does, revise pricing in their order guides

Many salespeople are focused on cars that can move today, not cars to be ordered. It's just a mindset. I find it off-putting too, with all the cars I have ordered over the years. Now that I am on that side of the desk, I treat it the same as any inquiry, because it can eventually become a delivered unit. I love taking new car orders for people. Some dealers/salespeople don't, and only focus on selling what they have.
Makes sense. Yeah, I also wouldn't put too much stock in the pricing from a third party. For people waiting for a 2019 A5 I'm sure their just happy there is some "new" info on the vehicle. I know I search daily for anything "new" I can find related to the RS5 Sportback. The anxiety is a killer and I hate this waiting game.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

just a matter of time before the updated pricing comes. I think you will see it next month for the other vehicles, my best estimate
Old 09-21-2018, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

just a matter of time before the updated pricing comes. I think you will see it next month for the other vehicles, my best estimate
Yeah I was thinking within the next week or two. What are your estimates for the arrival of the first dealer allocated RS5 Sportbacks? Some are saying November, December as one forum member got a noticed his has went into production? Others are saying Q1. My rep told me he anticipated 3-4 months
Old 09-21-2018, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The one we ordered this week is currently waitlisted, but I expect that status to change next week

I'd like to think they want cars here for December, but so far what I see in our system is early January as the earliest ETAs - that being said, it can always change. I think the great equalizer will be customs, as it's both a new car and a new model year vehicle