Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 Audi Connect Traffic in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2019 Audi Connect Traffic in Canada

Hello!
I just picked up my new 2019 Audi A5 SB Technik in Canada and I am having some issues with the Audi connect Traffic. Traffic is now supported in Canada as per the Audi Canada Connect Website (contrary to the A5 owners manual). With that said, the traffic does not work - I don’t have an online traffic check box and don’t see any traffic messages.

Using the OBD11 tool, I found that my tmc was set to 65535 which is disabled. Not sure why it would ship disabled. After reading some fellow Canadians having the same issue on the 2019 Q7, I set the tmc to 65533. With this change, it seems to work and I get the Online function tick box as well. I kind of expected the traffic info to contain more information tho. It has the major highways and incidents on some streets but I sort of expected more traffic flow on major streets.
The AudiConnect website says that traffic feature will give the flow of traffic on highways and also country roads and in the city. Using this tmc code, it is only giving information on highways with the odd incident in the city. That is not quite what is promised.

On top of that, I also dont don’t seem to have traffic showing on the myAudi app.

I emailed Audi Canada/Audi Care and then talked with Audi Care and apparently: “we are currently experiencing a widespread disruption to the online traffic service in model year 2019 vehicles. Our Technical Support team is working diligently towards a resolution for this problem, and we hope to have this matter resolved for all customers affected as soon as possible.”

They said that I should follow up with my dealer. Most likely a software update (TSB?) or recall will be needed to be performed by Audi.

Has any new Canadian owners experienced this issue?

Michael

Old 11-25-2019, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same issue in my Q7 2019 Progressive.
All features of Audi Connect is working except TMC. When I contacted Audi care last month they mentioned that “we are currently experiencing a widespread disruption to the online traffic service in model year 2019 vehicles. Our Technical Support team is working diligently towards a resolution for this problem, and we hope to have this matter resolved for all customers affected as soon as possible.”.
I still can't access TMC in Canada.

It is very disappointing. I hope they fix it soon.

Originally Posted by mlavio829
Hello!
I just picked up my new 2019 Audi A5 SB Technik in Canada and I am having some issues with the Audi connect Traffic. Traffic is now supported in Canada as per the Audi Canada Connect Website (contrary to the A5 owners manual). With that said, the traffic does not work - I don’t have an online traffic check box and don’t see any traffic messages.

Using the OBD11 tool, I found that my tmc was set to 65535 which is disabled. Not sure why it would ship disabled. After reading some fellow Canadians having the same issue on the 2019 Q7, I set the tmc to 65533. With this change, it seems to work and I get the Online function tick box as well. I kind of expected the traffic info to contain more information tho. It has the major highways and incidents on some streets but I sort of expected more traffic flow on major streets.
The AudiConnect website says that traffic feature will give the flow of traffic on highways and also country roads and in the city. Using this tmc code, it is only giving information on highways with the odd incident in the city. That is not quite what is promised.

On top of that, I also dont don’t seem to have traffic showing on the myAudi app.

I emailed Audi Canada/Audi Care and then talked with Audi Care and apparently: “we are currently experiencing a widespread disruption to the online traffic service in model year 2019 vehicles. Our Technical Support team is working diligently towards a resolution for this problem, and we hope to have this matter resolved for all customers affected as soon as possible.”

They said that I should follow up with my dealer. Most likely a software update (TSB?) or recall will be needed to be performed by Audi.

Has any new Canadian owners experienced this issue?

Michael
Old 11-25-2019, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine works (2019 S5 Technik) but had to get the dealer to do some kind of update. But it’s useless, to be honest. Difficult to use so I just use google maps on CarPlay.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

How do you enable it or know if it's working? I have a 2019 Technik with Audi Connect but no driver assistance package, do I have it?
Old 08-29-2021, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently acquired a 2019 SQ5 Technik, and I couldn't see any traffic information on the 401 (west of Toronto), 403, or QEW. I have version 1316 of the MMI software and the latest 2021 map update. I seem to have all connectivity services enabled. Do you have a newer version of software to access traffic? Where are you seeing it?