Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information

Old 01-09-2019, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Good deal! I test drove one on Friday and my Audi rep was encouraging me to push it as he's known I've been waiting to test drive an RS5 SB for several months
So I test drove one yesterday and I was being respectful of the car, keeping it under 3K RPM. I know the car is plenty fast so I was really trying to get a feel for ride quality on different suspension settings. I pull in to the dealership and there is someone else waiting for a test drive. As I enter my car to head home, I hear a loud "vrooooom brraap vrooooom brraap vroooooom" as the other dude is just nailing it down the street LOL. Another reason why I would only order one of these cars if I decided to get one, even with the waiting.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone opt for the Term Care Select service contract? The terms can be read here, but the tldr of it are:

Term: 4 years, 50k miles
Cost: $2038

Brake Pads Replacement: 1 set per year (non-ceramic)
Brake Rotor Replacement: 1 set per 4yr or 50k mi (non-ceramic)
Battery Replacement: 1 battery per year
Headlamp Replacement: Unlimited replacement (non-impact)
Belts & Hoses Replacement: All, through 4yr or 50k mi
Wiper Blades Replacement: 1 set per year
Electrical Replacement: Unlimited
Wheel Alignment: 1 per 4yr or 50k mi

This is my first Audi so I'm not really sure how long I can expect the rotors or pads to last. On my past cars better aftermarket pads were reasonably priced. I'll mainly commuting and taking the occasional road trip in this car with some spirited driving here are there, but not tracking.

So my questions are:
- How much would oem pads & rotors replacement cost from audi?
- Under normal wear and tear, how long should the pads and how long should the rotors last?

Thanks in advanced!
Old 01-09-2019, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 371 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
I had been on the fence between the S4 and S5, but I think the extra trunk light pushes me over the edge.
lol. Don't let the wife see that comment!
Old 01-09-2019, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
So I test drove one yesterday and I was being respectful of the car, keeping it under 3K RPM. I know the car is plenty fast so I was really trying to get a feel for ride quality on different suspension settings. I pull in to the dealership and there is someone else waiting for a test drive. As I enter my car to head home, I hear a loud "vrooooom brraap vrooooom brraap vroooooom" as the other dude is just nailing it down the street LOL. Another reason why I would only order one of these cars if I decided to get one, even with the waiting.
lol. I didn't push it too hard on my test drive but I wanted to feel that power. I would never spend this type of money on a car like this either without ordering it. I definitely abide by the break in period on my vehicle. Let me know when you take delivery. Gives me a gauge on how long it take to get from the port to you. Siem Cicero should arrive in Houston around the 24th. My dealer is only about an hour from the port of Houston so hopefully it won't take to long.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by adg44
They are not. One is glossy black and the other is matte black. Both have the RS logo on the back side.

You can tie this to the seat memory and then easily be able to identify which key is which, whereas before you would have to guess.
ah man youre right!
Old 01-09-2019, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Shigeru
Did anyone opt for the Term Care Select service contract? The terms can be read here, but the tldr of it are:

Term: 4 years, 50k miles
Cost: $2038

Brake Pads Replacement: 1 set per year (non-ceramic)
Brake Rotor Replacement: 1 set per 4yr or 50k mi (non-ceramic)
Battery Replacement: 1 battery per year
Headlamp Replacement: Unlimited replacement (non-impact)
Belts & Hoses Replacement: All, through 4yr or 50k mi
Wiper Blades Replacement: 1 set per year
Electrical Replacement: Unlimited
Wheel Alignment: 1 per 4yr or 50k mi

This is my first Audi so I'm not really sure how long I can expect the rotors or pads to last. On my past cars better aftermarket pads were reasonably priced. I'll mainly commuting and taking the occasional road trip in this car with some spirited driving here are there, but not tracking.

So my questions are:
- How much would oem pads & rotors replacement cost from audi?
- Under normal wear and tear, how long should the pads and how long should the rotors last?

Thanks in advanced!
Is that package from Audi or your dealership ? Either way, I think the price sounds ok, just for the brakes alone. My 2013 B8.5 RS5 is on it's second set of front brakes & rotors and my car only has ~42k miles on it. In my case, the front pads/rotors lasted about 20,000 miles each time. The vast majority of my driving is in town so lots of traffic and braking, The dealership quoted cost was in the region of $2200-$2400 for the fronts only. Fortunately I didn't have to pay that as I managed to get the OEM parts at wholesale prices, but it was still about $1800. I'm not sure if the B9 RS5 is still using such expensive parts, but my assumption is Yes. Anyway, most of the other items seem pretty much irrelevant as the cost is minor in comparison to the brakes or wouldn't need replacing in the 4yr time-frame anyway or should be covered by the warranty except for the wheel alignment. Lastly, my car is still on it's original battery which is surprising as I think the average battery life is 4-5 years and I've had the car 6 years...
Old 01-09-2019, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Group B
So after all the speculation about production date, shipment arrival, held at port, release from port...here's the proof that they started building these things 6 months ago:

Yes, the first 268 vehicles were built before 35/18 and do not have Audi phone box or the new connectivity module for Audi connect. This is called out on the window sticker and a pamphlet in the glove box. It is normal for cars to be produced before the market introduction so that all of the cars arrive at the ports and can be released all at once so dealers receive their cars at the same time.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adg44

Yes, the first 268 vehicles were built before 35/18 and do not have Audi phone box or the new connectivity module for Audi connect. This is called out on the window sticker and a pamphlet in the glove box. It is normal for cars to be produced before the market introduction so that all of the cars arrive at the ports and can be released all at once so dealers receive their cars at the same time.
oh well that sucks. I wouldn't want one of those.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Whats different with the new connectivity module for Audi Connect?
Old 01-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by James P.
Is that package from Audi or your dealership ? Either way, I think the price sounds ok, just for the brakes alone. My 2013 B8.5 RS5 is on it's second set of front brakes & rotors and my car only has ~42k miles on it. In my case, the front pads/rotors lasted about 20,000 miles each time. The vast majority of my driving is in town so lots of traffic and braking, The dealership quoted cost was in the region of $2200-$2400 for the fronts only. Fortunately I didn't have to pay that as I managed to get the OEM parts at wholesale prices, but it was still about $1800. I'm not sure if the B9 RS5 is still using such expensive parts, but my assumption is Yes. Anyway, most of the other items seem pretty much irrelevant as the cost is minor in comparison to the brakes or wouldn't need replacing in the 4yr time-frame anyway or should be covered by the warranty except for the wheel alignment. Lastly, my car is still on it's original battery which is surprising as I think the average battery life is 4-5 years and I've had the car 6 years...
Thanks for the insight this really helps. It sounds like this isnt a completely bad deal and should pay for itself. This was directly from the Audi dealer. https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/service/term-care-select

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information