AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/2019-audi-rs5-sportback-information-2960638/)

heymoe 11-02-2018 04:54 AM

I don't know about the RS5 Sportback black optic wheels looking exactly the same as wheels on a Honda or Kia outside of them being directional.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...44c829ceb6.jpg
Honda Accord vs RS5 SB vs Kia Optima Wheels

They all look quite different to me.

evanseric21 11-16-2018 06:58 AM

So I just got word that both of my builds were locked in as of 11/14/18 but the production completion dates were pushed back to week 50.
Ship departure 2/5/19 (ETA)
Domestic Port Arrival 3/1/19 (ETA)

Not thrilled with the news as I was originally told December delivery was possible with no later then January. I was also told that the dates above were just place holders and the vehicle could be completed sooner but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
Has anyone who's gone through this process had their vehicle arrive earlier then expected and if so how much earlier? Thanks!

MH62 11-16-2018 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by evanseric21 (Post 25237544)
So I just got word that both of my builds were locked in as of 11/14/18 but the production completion dates were pushed back to week 50.
Ship departure 2/5/19 (ETA)
Domestic Port Arrival 3/1/19 (ETA)

Not thrilled with the news as I was originally told December delivery was possible with no later then January. I was also told that the dates above were just place holders and the vehicle could be completed sooner but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
Has anyone who's gone through this process had their vehicle arrive earlier then expected and if so how much earlier? Thanks!

My initial dates were way off too then got pulled in once production started. Week 50 being Dec 10 to Dec 16, you should expect your car to ship by mid January if unlucky, or sooner if the shipping schedule works out in your favor. The shipping schedule beyond Dec 11th hasn't been released yet so keep looking at it each week and you'll get a better idea. Crossing takes about 20 days for Houston. So it all adds up to early February at the latest.

But of course, they could decide to park it somewhere for longer if they're not ready to release the RS5s once yours in built. My S5 arrives in San Diego early next week but who knows when they'll actually release it.

evanseric21 11-16-2018 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by MH62 (Post 25237559)
My initial dates were way off too then got pulled in once production started. Week 50 being Dec 10 to Dec 16, you should expect your car to ship by mid January if unlucky, or sooner if the shipping schedule works out in your favor. The shipping schedule beyond Dec 11th hasn't been released yet so keep looking at it each week and you'll get a better idea. Crossing takes about 20 days for Houston. So it all adds up to early February at the latest.

But of course, they could decide to park it somewhere for longer if they're not ready to release the RS5s once yours in built. My S5 arrives in San Diego early next week but who knows when they'll actually release it.

Thanks for the info. This waiting games sucks. I was contemplating buying something else but I know I would regret it. Once I take deliver I'll be happy I waited.

gen8888 11-16-2018 08:26 AM

You never know at this point when we'll be getting our S5/RS5 around Feb/Mar timeframe as Audi hasn't released any of the 2019 A4/A5s from port yet....

Deazy 11-16-2018 08:57 AM

I placed my order on Oct. 22nd and a couple of weeks ago was told it was in "order waitlist" status. I am getting very annoyed by the lack of communication from my dealer. It seems like i have to be the one to reach out to get any communication. I am getting soured already and would probably pull the trigger on an E63 S wagon if i could find the one I wanted.

heymoe 11-16-2018 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Deazy (Post 25237585)
I placed my order on Oct. 22nd and a couple of weeks ago was told it was in "order waitlist" status. I am getting very annoyed by the lack of communication from my dealer. It seems like i have to be the one to reach out to get any communication. I am getting soured already and would probably pull the trigger on an E63 S wagon if i could find the one I wanted.

Did your dealer sign you up for the Owner in Waiting program? Also I think I read an article about the E63 S Wagon recently and it said there were only 2 new 2018 left for sale in the US right now so indeed slim pickings. I really wish Audi would bring the RS4 Avant to the US. I'm pretty sure I would have gone with that over the RS5 Sportback.

evanseric21 11-16-2018 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Deazy (Post 25237585)

I placed an order on September 14th and on October 1st and the orders just got locked in November 14th. Yet there are people saying that their RS5 SB is at the port. It's very annoying. I wish they were better with communication as well.

heymoe 11-16-2018 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by evanseric21 (Post 25237638)
I placed an order on September 14th and on October 1st and the orders just got locked in November 14th. Yet there are people saying that their RS5 SB is at the port. It's very annoying. I wish they were better with communication as well.

I believe the ones at port right now are the launch cars. As in pre-configured cars by AoA to give dealers an initial inventory when AoA says they can start selling them. Some people have decided to grab one of these cars instead of a custom order which will be built and arrive later.

evanseric21 11-16-2018 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by heymoe (Post 25237645)
I believe the ones at port right now are the launch cars. As in pre-configured cars by AoA to give dealers an initial inventory when AoA says they can start selling them. Some people have decided to grab one of these cars instead of a custom order which will be built and arrive later.

I think you are correct. I originally thought launch cars were the first cars that dealers could configure before the official launch but I don't think this is the case.