Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information

Old 01-09-2019, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
oh well that sucks. I wouldn't want one of those.
You get credited back $250 for the phone box, and you get 18 months of Audi connect included on those 268 cars.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
Whats different with the new connectivity module for Audi Connect?
After December 2020 the google earth function won’t work, and it could be that the eCall/bCall could not have connection either because of cell network changes.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adg44

You get credited back $250 for the phone box, and you get 18 months of Audi connect included on those 268 cars.
I'd rather have phonebox and google earth
Old 01-10-2019, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 371 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Shigeru
Thanks for the insight this really helps. It sounds like this isnt a completely bad deal and should pay for itself. This was directly from the Audi dealer. https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/service/term-care-select
It seems there's a dizzing array of overlapping coverages including Audi Care, Term Care, Wheel & Tire, Extended Warranty (both Audi's plan and independent plans). I know maintenance on these vehicles is expensive and we all want to minimize the expenditure, but how does one calculate the best combination?! I plan to own my car for at least 8 to 10 years, with ~6,000 miles/year.

It sounds like Audi Care is an obvious product to purchase as the cost basically covers the 4 oil changes. I understand Audi regularly mails out a $100 coupon for Audi Care. Has anyone received theirs yet?

As @Shigeru states: the Term Care Select "should pay for itself" based on it covering break pads & rotors. Which, I understand, both wear out relatively quickly (depends on your mileage and driving style). From my reading on this forum, we may be replacing pads & rotors several times in a relatively short term. The Term Care Select web page states "Term Care Select is a protection plan specifically designed for lease and short-term new vehicle customers." It covers up to "six years or 72,000 miles".

It seems it may be a smart idea to purchase the "Audi Care", and the "Term Care Select", and see how the car holds up during the six years of driving to determine how reliable the car is and what the future maintenance looks like. And, at that point determine if I should buy an extended warranty or not, or just sell the car...

Question; do extended warranty policies need to be purchased early in the life of the car, or can they be purchased later on as needed?

Does this strategy sound okay? Am I missing anything?
Old 01-10-2019, 04:20 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Seems like you nailed it! Thank you for the thoughtful post. As a first-time Audi owner, I have a lot of the exact same questions that you have raised — and the fact that your yearly mileage and “long term ownership” strategy matches up to mine.

I will be following this thread very closely to see what other Audi Owners suggest.

— John
Old 01-10-2019, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

There actually is no overlap of coverages.

AudiCare is without a doubt a yes imho

Term care really comes down to how you drive, since that will determine how the brakes wear. I live up in the “mountains” (sounds better than “the big hilly area”), and with the backroads we have, and how I drive, TermCare would be something I’d likely do. If however, this is more a highway car, and you’re driving Ms Daisy, I’d probably skip it. Similarly if you’re commute is short (like my brothers on his RS3...he skipped term care, but got AudiCare).

Extended warranties are different altogether, as they are not covering wear items at all. They are simply extending the factory warranty, with different levels of coverage, and they can have a deductible component to them as well (at the buyers choosing).

The thing with buying up front vs later.

Up front, you can capitalize it into the purchase price (for lease and finance customers). Secondly, it’s always the least expensive up front. As the car accumulated age and mileage, the cost goes up, because it’s no longer “brand new”. The cost also goes up even on new cars over time, because parts pricing increases and so do labor costs. So Term Care on a 19 new RS can be less than it will be next year on a 20, etc. That’s another reason why AudiCare makes sense too imho.

I’ll likely be shopping for a new car in the coming months, and given my new driving mileage (now about 27k a year), it will be a buy not a lease, and likely will be CPO assuming I get the car I’m after.. As many know, I work for the brand. AudiCare will be a must. TermCare will all depend on the service history of the car I get, but likely will be something I get too.

Good luck all! Awesome cars

Last edited by SCarGuy; 01-10-2019 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
There actually is no overlap of coverages.

AudiCare is without a doubt a yes imho

Term care really comes down to how you drive, since that will determine how the brakes wear. I live up in the “mountains” (sounds better than “the big hilly area”), and with the backroads we have, and how I drive, TermCare would be something I’d likely do. If however, this is more a highway car, and you’re driving Ms Daisy, I’d probably skip it. Similarly if you’re commute is short (like my brothers on his RS3...he skipped term care, but got AudiCare).

Extended warranties are different altogether, as they are not covering wear items at all. They are simply extending the factory warranty, with different levels of coverage, and they can have a deductible component to them as well (at the buyers choosing).

The thing with buying up front vs later.

Up front, you can capitalize it into the purchase price (for lease and finance customers). Secondly, it’s always the least expensive up front. As the car accumulated age and mileage, the cost goes up, because it’s no longer “brand new”. The cost also goes up even on new cars over time, because parts pricing increases and so do labor costs. So Term Care on a 19 new RS can be less than it will be next year on a 20, etc. That’s another reason why AudiCare makes sense too imho.

I’ll likely be shopping for a new car in the coming months, and given my new driving mileage (now about 27k a year), it will be a buy not a lease, and likely will be CPO assuming I get the car I’m after.. As many know, I work for the brand. AudiCare will be a must. TermCare will all depend on the service history of the car I get, but likely will be something I get too.

Good luck all! Awesome cars
Are Term-Care and Term-Care-Select different programs or two names for same thing?
Old 01-10-2019, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 371 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by MH62
Are Term-Care and Term-Care-Select different programs or two names for same thing?
Different animals. Here's a link.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by garberfc
Maybe I'm missing something, but your link was for Audi Care not Term Care.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by garberfc
I'm referring to Term-Care-Select: https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/service/term-care-select
and
Term-Care-Protection: https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...ction-audi.pdf
not Audi Care. Are they both the same?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information