Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garberfc

Question; do extended warranty policies need to be purchased early in the life of the car, or can they be purchased later on as needed?

Does this strategy sound okay? Am I missing anything?
Originally Posted by Nikon1
Seems like you nailed it! Thank you for the thoughtful post. As a first-time Audi owner, I have a lot of the exact same questions that you have raised — and the fact that your yearly mileage and “long term ownership” strategy matches up to mine.

I will be following this thread very closely to see what other Audi Owners suggest.

— John
In hopes to help someone looking for this info, here's a breakdown of what it covers, what I paid, and a link to the actual contract terms:

2019 RS5 Sportback
Mechanical Failure Service Contract (extended warranty):
Platinum coverage, 10 years, 100k miles, $100 deductible
Acceptance: multi-dealer
Cost: $5,844 @ the time of vehicle purchase
Coverage: Engine, transmission, drive axle, cooling, steering, brakes, AC, suspension, electrical, ecu reprogramming, alternate transportation, towing coverage, travel breakdown, diagnostic, fluid
Cancelation: 30 days 100% reimbursement. 30 - 60 days, 100% less $50 fee, 60+ days prorated
If these things break or wear abnormally as a result of normal use this covers it.
The contract

Road Hazard Tire and Wheel Coverage:
Deluxe coverage, 60 months, unlimited mileage, $0 deductible, max $5k payout over the life of the contract
Acceptance: selling dealer
Cost: $1,450 @ the time of vehicle purchase
Coverage: Repair or replacement of any tire or wheel damaged as the results of a road hazard. "Coverage is limited to the original set of tires and wheels on the vehicle at the time of purchase and new replacement tires
or wheels"
. The dealer said "it will be fine if you change the wheels to aftermarket while the car is still new, this will cover it". So I bought this coverage. I got home and reade the online contract and found the above statement. Called the dealer, they said when making a claim I would have to say I bought the car with aftermarket wheels, aka lie.
Cancelation: 30 days 100% reimbursement. 30 - 60 days, 100% less $50 fee, 60+ days prorated
The contract

Term Care Select:
Platinum Plus Rotors, 48 months, 50k miles, $0 deductible
Cost: $2,038 @ the time of vehicle purchase
Coverage: brake pads, battery, headlamp, belts & hoses, wiper blades, electrical (fuses, bulbs, etc...), wheel alignment, brake rotors, roadside assistance
The dealer told me that this also covers the cost to replace 1 lost key ($450 or something like that). Either I'm missing that in the contract or it's not in there.
The contract

Audi Care Scheduled Maintenance Plan:
20, 20, 40, 50k maintenance
Cost: $999 @ the time of vehicle purchase
Coverage: Normal service schedule
Dealer said I could only get the first 5 years. After the 5th year I'll be eligible to purchase additional years.
Info

A few notes:
- The terms of the contracts are all digital. They're referenced at the bottom of the signature pages.
- I found some serious conflicts with how/what the dealer explained vs what the terms were. Educate yourself and assume all claims will follow the terms to the letter.
- Costs for these plans were significantly higher after year 1 and on
- Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc service the extended warranty, road hazard, & term care.
- The dealer said some discount was applied to costs because the vehicle was ordered, opposed to buying one off the lot.

Last edited by Shigeru; 01-11-2019 at 11:32 AM. Reason: more detail
Old 01-11-2019, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

@Shigeru thanks for all of the details! Just to confirm, are these prices for the RS or other(S or A)?
Old 01-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tbone323
@Shigeru thanks for all of the details! Just to confirm, are these prices for the RS or other(S or A)?
sorry, 2019 rs 5 sportback
Old 01-11-2019, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

FYI.

Grand Rapids Michigan has a 2019 RS 5 sportback ( grey ) available on the lot, as of 4:00 pm Thursday. I went and test drove it, but I want a coupe. I was told the buyer cancelled the order after delivery.

During the test drive, every time we stopped at a stop sign or signal, the right side proximity alarm went off and showed a red line along the right side of the car, it even did it when stopping to park at the dealership, all empty drop-off spaces.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillipH
FYI.
During the test drive, every time we stopped at a stop sign or signal, the right side proximity alarm went off and showed a red line along the right side of the car, it even did it when stopping to park at the dealership, all empty drop-off spaces.
Maybe that's why he canceled.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Maybe that's why he canceled.
lol very true.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillipH
FYI.

Grand Rapids Michigan has a 2019 RS 5 sportback ( grey ) available on the lot, as of 4:00 pm Thursday. I went and test drove it, but I want a coupe. I was told the buyer cancelled the order after delivery.

Yikes! I may be up in GR tomorrow. If we make it that far, I think a detour to the dealership is in order. If for no other reason than to take a look!
Old 01-15-2019, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Any updates? I know many of us are getting closer. Viking Queen is in Jacksonville then off to Houston, Siem Cicero is on it's way to Davisville then Houston and Viking Conquest is headed to Davisville, Jacksonville and then Houston. A bunch of vehicles between those three ships.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got conf that mine hit port last week and is getting loaded onto the truck today!

maybe this week delivery if not next week for sure!!!

Old 01-15-2019, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good deal Tbone congrats!!

Quick Reply: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information