Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information

Old 11-16-2018, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
Did your dealer sign you up for the Owner in Waiting program? Also I think I read an article about the E63 S Wagon recently and it said there were only 2 new 2018 left for sale in the US right now so indeed slim pickings. I really wish Audi would bring the RS4 Avant to the US. I'm pretty sure I would have gone with that over the RS5 Sportback.
The dealer supposedly was going to sign me up for that but again i get nothing. My ideal car would be a RS6 Avant but i doubt we'll ever see that. One of my kids plays hockey so could use the larger storage area :-)
Old 11-20-2018, 04:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you that Audi has a problem not only in US. I'm waiting on my Q5 7th month (ordered 05/18) and now is canceled. I'll probably have to built the car again.. In Europe Audi canceled all S and RS models. None of the sellers knows anything. Nobody is able to give any date of reintroduction of Audi Sport models. And of corse, no any information on the introduction of the RS5 Sportback I'm waiting for. So I can wait and wait... it's terrible.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:02 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,377 Posts

SCarGuy - can you confirm this? What’s going on? I’ve wondered about the Audi / VW Diesel situation, both In Europe and America, but this is the first I’ve seen a problem posted about the Sports models.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kosmita
I can tell you that Audi has a problem not only in US. I'm waiting on my Q5 7th month (ordered 05/18) and now is canceled. I'll probably have to built the car again.. In Europe Audi canceled all S and RS models. None of the sellers knows anything. Nobody is able to give any date of reintroduction of Audi Sport models. And of corse, no any information on the introduction of the RS5 Sportback I'm waiting for. So I can wait and wait... it's terrible.
That's terrible news. I wonder if anyone has more detailed info on what's going on?
Old 11-20-2018, 05:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I Confirm In Europe we have all diesels - Q8, new A6, new A7.. However, there is no petrol. All Audi Sport models and petrol variants of models A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, Q5, Q7, Q8 are canceled. Audi in Europe is now a tragedy. Hence my expectation of Q5 (2.0 tfsi).

S4, S5, S6 and S7 from 2019 will be diesels..
Old 11-20-2018, 05:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's probably about exhaust emission standards and European regulations regarding GPF. We are waiting for all variants to be restarted..
Old 11-20-2018, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Kosmita
There have been rumors for months that VW/Audi had significant problems getting certification for the new WLTP standards going into effect in September. I have read that the new Porsche Macan will be equipped with a particulate filter for the gas engines to meet the new requirements. However, the 3.0T equipped A6, A7, A8, and Q8 have already been released in the US, so it would be strange if the S4 and S5, which have the same engine, cannot achieve EPA certification. Obviously, if S/RS models are only equipped with diesels, this means they will never be brought to the US.

Audi will be in a precarious situation if it can only sell gas engines in North America and diesel engines in Europe. Maybe I should go ahead and wait for the new 3 series...

Last edited by JD15; 11-20-2018 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I remember reading something that Audi as well as Mercedes and BMW were starting to phase out diesel engines due to some issues they were having with emissions. I'll see if I can find where I read that.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

I just checked the Audi DE configurator and Kosmita's statements are confirmed: 2019 models only have diesel engines available and there are no 2019 S models. Audi will have to add particulate filters to their gas engines for certification in Europe.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also think about others cars but ... BMW (M4 doesn't have a Gran Coupe) and Mercedes (C Class) have only RWD, BMW M5 not this price range. Actually, instead of RS5 Sportback, there is nothing to choose. Possibly, if RS5 does not come in, I can choose RS4.. but RS4 is withdrawn as well. In Europe, the tragedy is generally about Audi .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information