Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Kosmita
I also think about others cars but ... BMW (M4 doesn't have a Gran Coupe) and Mercedes (C Class) have only RWD, BMW M5 not this price range. Actually, instead of RS5 Sportback, there is nothing to choose. Possibly, if RS5 does not come in, I can choose RS4.. but RS4 is withdrawn as well. In Europe, the tragedy is generally about Audi .
It is surprising that Audi did not realize earlier it would need to design its gas engines with a particulate filter to achieve certification in Europe.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This isn't the article I read originally but this just speaks to German brands canceling their diesel vehicles in the US
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/11/...d-states-2019/

There are some German cities that are banning diesel vehicles though. I wonder if these delays are not affecting the US? With S5's and RS5's already at the port waiting for an official release from Audi. Also the A6, A7, A8 and Q8 have all been released.
If they are indeed delayed then I will have to start looking for a different vehicle. My lease was up in August and I turned my vehicle in. I've been car pooling with my wife for the last three months. Not sure how much longer I can do that. I may just buy a cheap car until all this gets sorted out.
I was really looking forward to the RS5 SB and there really isn't another car that directly competes with it. The combination of speed, luxury and practicality is what sold me. I liked the new AMG E53 Sedan but there is literally no information on that vehicle and rarely any videos on YouTube. I think they are available for order but I haven't been able to find any information on the release timeline. This whole thing sucks SMH.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:34 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

The story I saw was talking about a number of EU countries banning diesels so this article about banning gas engines is disturbing.

Have no dealers talked about the delay / cancellation of the RS & S Series?
Old 11-20-2018, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by evanseric21
s. Not sure how much longer I can do that. I may just buy a cheap car until all this gets sorted out.
I was really looking forward to the RS5 SB and there really isn't another car that directly competes with it. SMH.
I was waiting for the 2019 S5, but if that is also delayed, I may just buy a new Accord and keep it for a couple of years until things are settled. I might consider the new 340, but that won't be out until next spring and I never buy the first model year following a complete redesign. At least the Accord won't depreciate too much.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
I was waiting for the 2019 S5, but if that is also delayed, I may just buy a new Accord and keep it for a couple of years until things are settled. I might consider the new 340, but that won't be out until next spring and I never buy the first model year following a complete redesign. At least the Accord won't depreciate too much.
My S5 is set to arrive at San Diego port today and I had convinced myself this would all be sorted out by the time my car got here, oh well. I've been looking at EPA results (EPA Test Results) to see if A4/S4 had gone through and unfortunately the file is not quite up-to-date and the latest October data only lists the Q7 but we know the A6/7, A8 and Q8 have all been released so we can't learn much from them yet.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:13 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I’m hoping one of the Audi Sealer reps who are long time members will weigh in on the “Official Scoop” quickly . . . but no one likes to deliver unpleasant news.

Hate the message not the messenger!”
Old 11-20-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Nikon1
I’m hoping one of the Audi Sealer reps who are long time members will weigh in on the “Official Scoop” quickly . . . but no one likes to deliver unpleasant news.

Hate the message not the messenger!”
I know the dealers in DFW are unhappy because they have had almost nothing to sell outside of Q5s and Q7s for the past two months. At the four DFW dealers, there are actually more R8s in stock than S4s and S5s combined.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

My dealer tells me that the SB are to be released this or net week. Now that is in Canada but believe they line up with DOT so should be the same in the US.
Last week I heard from US Sales Manager that they were to be released within two weeks, so these seem to like up.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

2019 Audi EPA info here: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Powe...S5&srchtyp=ymm

Old 11-20-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport
My dealer tells me that the SB are to be released this or net week. Now that is in Canada but believe they line up with DOT so should be the same in the US.
Last week I heard from US Sales Manager that they were to be released within two weeks, so these seem to like up.
The RS5 SB is suppose to be released in the US first so when you say SB are you referring to the S5 SB?

Quick Reply: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information