Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 RS 5 Sportback Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 587 Likes on 422 Posts

I'd much rather have the fine nappa package than the alcantara package we get in Canada. We get the steering wheel and centre console in alcantara. You constantly have to clean the steering wheel otherwise it gets gross.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARealtor
for a second you gave me a heart attack thinking the RS5 SB was starting at $99,999. Then once you get into options they haven't entered actual prices yet.

good find.
If you swap the Audi rings for a Porsche badge the prices would be about right...
Old 09-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

According to my dealer, the ordering became live today. No final pricing or delivery time, but they are at least able to place an order. I was sure to get one in.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jb606
If you swap the Audi rings for a Porsche badge the prices would be about right...

especially when it comes to porsche options.

Anyone else notice it seems Audi is starting to take the porsche approach and leave items off that you would normally expect especially with the S and RS models?
Old 09-11-2018, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doubledown13
According to my dealer, the ordering became live today. No final pricing or delivery time, but they are at least able to place an order. I was sure to get one in.
What are the specs?
Old 09-12-2018, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I spec’d mine with everything minus the Dynamic Plus package. Also went with basic black optics, not the carbon or matte alu. Color is Nardo with the black/red interior. I was told the options pricing should be out soon, but to expect them to be close to the pricing from the 2018 RS5 coupe.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

I got word that exclusive colors would have to wait for the paint shop renovations to finish in early 2019 which would likely push those deliveries to summer 2019.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by doubledown13
I spec’d mine with everything minus the Dynamic Plus package. Also went with basic black optics, not the carbon or matte alu. Color is Nardo with the black/red interior. I was told the options pricing should be out soon, but to expect them to be close to the pricing from the 2018 RS5 coupe.
Sounds exactly how I want to spec mine. I was going back and forth on if I wanted the Black Optics Carbon Package or just the Black Optics. I was also torn between the black/red interior or the black/rock gray. What was the estimated ETA on the build?
Old 09-12-2018, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by heymoe
I got word that exclusive colors would have to wait for the paint shop renovations to finish in early 2019 which would likely push those deliveries to summer 2019.
I was told the same thing from multiple sources but that was for the S5 which is not a standard color for that vehicle. I was wondering how what would work with Nardo being a standard color for the RS5. I'm hoping there are no delays and since the other member stated he was able to place an order that gives me some hope. I emailed my Audi rep last night and he said he would speak to his manager this morning and get back to me. Hopefully they are able to put in my order.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Sounds exactly how I want to spec mine. I was going back and forth on if I wanted the Black Optics Carbon Package or just the Black Optics. I was also torn between the black/red interior or the black/rock gray. What was the estimated ETA on the build?
I was told that once the factory picked up the order, it would be about 90 days from production start until it hit the dealer. He didn't have any idea though on when the factory was going to begin. They keep hearing Q1 for deliveries for anything that doesn't have an Audi Exclusive item.

I also went back and forth on the black optics vs carbon. The dealer thought the carbon would be an additional $1500ish premium over the standard black optics. I was hoping the magma interior would be an option, but the red stitching is the best I could get without paying a bunch for an exclusive interior.

Quick Reply: 2019 RS 5 Sportback Order Guide