Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 RS 5 Sportback Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by PARealtor
Anyone else notice it seems Audi is starting to take the porsche approach and leave items off that you would normally expect especially with the S and RS models?
How so?
Old 09-12-2018, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by evanseric21
I was told the same thing from multiple sources but that was for the S5 which is not a standard color for that vehicle. I was wondering how what would work with Nardo being a standard color for the RS5. I'm hoping there are no delays and since the other member stated he was able to place an order that gives me some hope. I emailed my Audi rep last night and he said he would speak to his manager this morning and get back to me. Hopefully they are able to put in my order.
You will not be delayed for Nardo on the RS 5 as it is a standard color for that car and not through the exclusive paint shop.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

I estimated $4500 for the Black Optic Carbon Package, $3000 over normal Black Optic, based on how much they charged for the similar option on the RS7. Likely will be less but rather play with high numbers and be happily surprised if they end up be lower. I'm still not sure which one I'll go with.

I'm also a bit undecided about the factory black badges. I like to keep the silver rings up front but wouldn't mind the others being black.

Seats wise, I'm leaning black + red stitching.

Last edited by heymoe; 09-12-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doubledown13
I was told that once the factory picked up the order, it would be about 90 days from production start until it hit the dealer. He didn't have any idea though on when the factory was going to begin. They keep hearing Q1 for deliveries for anything that doesn't have an Audi Exclusive item.

I also went back and forth on the black optics vs carbon. The dealer thought the carbon would be an additional $1500ish premium over the standard black optics. I was hoping the magma interior would be an option, but the red stitching is the best I could get without paying a bunch for an exclusive interior.
Oh okay. Thanks for the info. I had red interior on my Lexus IS 350 F Sport with a silver exterior. The red was very nice and I always received compliments. The crazy thing is I'm not a huge fan of the color normally. This time around I was going to go with a white exterior with black wheels and trim and black interior. That completely changed once I seen Nardo. I think the red brake calibers with Nardo paint and black interior with red stitches is a pretty nice combination. I also like the black with rock gray and I keep going back and forth. Hopefully I'll hear from my Audi rep soon so they can get this order in.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by adg44

You will not be delayed for Nardo on the RS 5 as it is a standard color for that car and not through the exclusive paint shop.
That would be great. What I don't understand though is the way they classify these colors. Even though Nardo is "standard" on the RS models it is still technically and exclusive color. So if they have the ability to paint the car and all the B9's are being built in the same factory then why would there be a delay for an S5 with Nardo and not the RS5 with Nardo? Is it a matter of limited resources and they are just giving priority to the vehicles who offer the color as standard? This is just a little confusing

Old 09-12-2018, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by heymoe
I estimated $4500 for the Black Optic Carbon Package, $3000 over normal Black Optic, based on how much they charged for the similar option on the RS7. Likely will be less but rather play with high numbers and be happily surprised if they end up be lower. I'm still not sure which one I'll go with.

I'm also a bit undecided about the factor black badges. I like to keep the silver rings up front but wouldn't mind the others being black.

Seats wise, I'm leaning black + red stitching.
Yeah I figured the Carbon package would be a premium over the standard Black Optics package. I don't think it's worth a $3k premium though. If it was around 3k-3.5k for the Carbon package then I would possibly be interested.
I really liked the blacked out audi rings against the Nardo as it makes them pop. The rings on the grill won't pop as much due to the grill also being black so keeping those silver wouldn't be a bad idea. I probably will still black them out though.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doubledown13
I was told that once the factory picked up the order, it would be about 90 days from production start until it hit the dealer. He didn't have any idea though on when the factory was going to begin. They keep hearing Q1 for deliveries for anything that doesn't have an Audi Exclusive item.
I also went back and forth on the black optics vs carbon. The dealer thought the carbon would be an additional $1500ish premium over the standard black optics. I was hoping the magma interior would be an option, but the red stitching is the best I could get without paying a bunch for an exclusive interior.
Since mine is going to be Mythos Black, I really need to pony up the added $1500 for the Carbon Optic Pkg above the regular Black Optics pkg, to give it a little character on the exterior.
I think the Carbon will accentuate the lines of the car, since there is no other color to it on the outside. So, I hope you are right. Last year, the BO Pkg on the coupes was $1500, which is less
expensive than the retrofit I saw was being offered in separate components.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by evanseric21
That would be great. What I don't understand though is the way they classify these colors. Even though Nardo is "standard" on the RS models it is still technically and exclusive color. So if they have the ability to paint the car and all the B9's are being built in the same factory then why would there be a delay for an S5 with Nardo and not the RS5 with Nardo? Is it a matter of limited resources and they are just giving priority to the vehicles who offer the color as standard? This is just a little confusing
The bumpers and some other components are prepainted by suppliers, so if it isn’t a series color for that model, then they have to special paint them. Whether it is a color from a completely different brand or one from just a different model, there is additional cost.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by WillieFlo
Since mine is going to be Mythos Black, I really need to pony up the added $1500 for the Carbon Optic Pkg above the regular Black Optics pkg, to give it a little character on the exterior.
I think the Carbon will accentuate the lines of the car, since there is no other color to it on the outside. So, I hope you are right. Last year, the BO Pkg on the coupes was $1500, which is less
expensive than the retrofit I saw was being offered in separate components.

Willie — Check this finish out! Take My Money. If this color scheme was available for the S5

Last edited by Nikon1; 09-12-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

Willie — Check this finish out! Take My Money. If this color scheme was available for the S5
yes! Sorry, I had to slap myself out of the trance! I have been considering going with a Matte PPF
over either the entire body or just over the CF pieces.......I love that look!!!!
That is an almost PERFECT R8! I would have a widebody kit added and would never part with it.....

Quick Reply: 2019 RS 5 Sportback Order Guide