Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 RS5 Sportback and Cabriolet coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts
Default 2019 RS5 Sportback and Cabriolet coming soon

I just read this juicy Motor Authority information for those who care.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1111849_2019-audi-rs-5-sportback-spy-shots#image=100616347
Old 08-01-2017, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Two new RS models are being revealed at the Frankfurt motor show next month, and speculation has poured out this could be one of them, rather than Geneva next year. Some of these spy shots look like they have been released by Audi

New Audi RS5 Sportback gearing up for Frankfurt Motor Show | Auto Express

But the RS4 Avant is overdue, too (the RS4 Avant and RS5 Sportback will use the same wheelbase, have similar weights, so the technical development side is easy). And I think Audi Sport are keen to produce an RS Q5 sooner than later, so plenty happening in RS land.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Those wheels look great...but what's up with the half wheel flares?
Looks really stupid...like it's incomplete.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

If it came to market with those 4x4 truck looking wheel flares that would be the end of Audi... seriously that is hideous, no way those are for real.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol they're definitely not production spec. Just thrown on what 'appears' to be an S5 with wider wheels/tires and the twin-turbo 2.9l
Old 08-01-2017, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Those wheels look great...but what's up with the half wheel flares?
Looks really stupid...like it's incomplete.
Test mule using an S5 body. RS5 has a wider track, and illegal in Germany to have wheels/tyres outside the guard. They cut the guard (these cars are scrapped), add the all-road style flares. Final RS5 Sportback will use the same flared guards as the RS5 Coupé:

Source: DesignBoom
Old 08-01-2017, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Test mule using an S5 body. RS5 has a wider track, and illegal in Germany to have wheels/tyres outside the guard. They cut the guard (these cars are scrapped), add the all-road style flares. Final RS5 Sportback will use the same flared guards as the RS5 Coupé:

Source: DesignBoom
If you're right and the actual production run will have flared fenders, OMG!!!! That will be so badass!!!! I think the proportions will look better than the coupe, but can do without the ugly RS5 coupe's "big *** fan" wheels.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

omg! sportback body style plus flared fenders! im sold. Was going to get the s5 sportback but couldn't pull the trigger for some reason. I have a c63s coupe coming next month. Will be trading that in for the rs5 sportback whenever it gets here. Rs5 sportback has everything I wanted minus the sound of course. Practicality, awd, cabin quality and tech, a lot of power. Won't sound like the amg but it more than made up in other categories
Old 08-01-2017, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by audimaster22
omg! sportback body style plus flared fenders! im sold. Was going to get the s5 sportback but couldn't pull the trigger for some reason. I have a c63s coupe coming next month. Will be trading that in for the rs5 sportback whenever it gets here. Rs5 sportback has everything I wanted minus the sound of course. Practicality, awd, cabin quality and tech, a lot of power. Won't sound like the amg but it more than made up in other categories
RS5 is wider body, they're obviously trying to hide the styling on the mule. Those wheels are the same ones that have been spotted on the RS5s being evaluated in the US. Much nicer than the rims on the EU coupes.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Location: A place where I'm halfway to getting my degree. But with life reminding me, it's not easy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember that when the RS 5 Coupe was first launched for this upcoming year, I asked if there's going to be a sport back a MOD said most "likely not' and I was really disappointed. I'm so happy that audi is making a sport back version. I really do like the M3 as it's a great car. But I wanted something in this segment with AWD and four doors.

Quick Reply: 2019 RS5 Sportback and Cabriolet coming soon