Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 RS5 Sportback - Drive System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The dealership said it was a faulty error code on cylinder 1 - misfire. I'm not sure how much I believe that as the car had around 400 miles on it. However, the dealership has been very professional, and they even dropped off the car at my house and picked up the loaner.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
The dealership said it was a faulty error code on cylinder 1 - misfire. I'm not sure how much I believe that as the car had around 400 miles on it. However, the dealership has been very professional, and they even dropped off the car at my house and picked up the loaner.
Happy to hear they were able to fix the issue! My dealer also offers a drop-off and pickup service for oil changes and other service issues. Not sure I'll be taking advantage of it though as I don't feel comfortable letting the service guys drive my car.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Happy to hear they were able to fix the issue! My dealer also offers a drop-off and pickup service for oil changes and other service issues. Not sure I'll be taking advantage of it though as I don't feel comfortable letting the service guys drive my car.
I have some shocking news for you. They will drive your car even if you drop it off. They have to.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slides
I have some shocking news for you. They will drive your car even if you drop it off. They have to.
Driving my car around the dealership vs driving my car for the 30 + miles from the dealership to my house is not the same thing. Thanks for the "shocking" news though.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Yeah I agree on the service guys. However, my Audi Sport sales person drove it to me. He said he wouldn't let anyone young drive it lol
Old 02-12-2019, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah I agree on the service guys. However, my Audi Sport sales person drove it to me. He said he wouldn't let anyone young drive it lol
Oh okay. I actually have a good friend that works in the service department at my dealer. I would let him drive it to me. If you have a good relationship with someone then that can give you some peace of mind vs letting a random person drive your almost $100k car.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update. The car is back in the shop for the same issue. As of today it only happens in Dynamic mode with spirited driving.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Update. The car is back in the shop for the same issue. As of today it only happens in Dynamic mode with spirited driving.
Hope it all gets worked out.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which dealer in the Chicago area are your bringing your RS 5 to? I can say from working for an Audi dealer in that area, not all the service centers are the same.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I take it to Audi Morton Grove - no complaints. I know one of their senior technicians by name now — colossal computer nerd.They replaced the coils for cylinders 1-3, and so far no more misfirings on dynamic. I just tested it today. Also got my black badges in all around. Took three weeks!

Quick Reply: 2019 RS5 Sportback - Drive System Malfunction