Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 S5 SB Trans MIL at dealer 18 days so far

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zed 2.0
Do you want it fixed quickly, or do you want out of the car? If the latter, this is a good point to start reading up on lemon law in your state or reach out to an attorney who specializes in it.
If possible, my desire is that it is fixed correctly, life goes on, and I get to enjoy the car I purchased. Looking at it from a CA consumer protection view, I agree that a buyback would also be favorable since I have not been able to utilize the product I purchased. I see getting a lawyer as a nuclear option. I've read on here that working with Audi Corp directly yielded favorable results for the end users, but naturally it was a your mileage may vary per case.

I guess I was hoping to see if anyone else encountered similar issues and what angles were played. I think I'll give it another week as Monday begins my 4th week of not having my car. Not sure if opening a case with Audi might put heat on my advisor.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default **Update**

I received notice that the car was ready for pick up. Turns out it was a faulty Mechatron (Valve Body) Part number 8W0-927-158-C - Failed at 220 Miles. The repair included the unit, a gasket and atf oil. road tested for 52 miles and is deemed fixed. I picked it up, and so far, so good.

I'll report back if there is anything worthy of reporting. I still think I should call Audi, and see if I can get a month or so more of my complimentary Audi Connect, but overall I'm satisfied.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:01 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by tomsvr6
I received notice that the car was ready for pick up. Turns out it was a faulty Mechatron (Valve Body) Part number 8W0-927-158-C - Failed at 220 Miles. The repair included the unit, a gasket and atf oil. road tested for 52 miles and is deemed fixed. I picked it up, and so far, so good.

I'll report back if there is anything worthy of reporting. I still think I should call Audi, and see if I can get a month or so more of my complimentary Audi Connect, but overall I'm satisfied.
Congratulations!

Glad to hear that it was a faulty module and not the entire transmission or faulty programming. You have nothing to lose by requesting some “compensation” for being without your new car for so long.

And — Welcome to AudiWorld.

— John

Last edited by Nikon1; 04-25-2019 at 03:01 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had my air conditioning fail the day after I picked up my brand new 18 a5....during a heatwave in July. They took care of it expertly and quickly. I still called Audi and let them know how unfortunate, disappointing, ridiculous, scary it was that my new car breaks within 1 day. They gave me free Audi care, which I feel is a good deal.

I would not be afraid to call, they will take care of you. They said they don’t usually do connect extensions, and frankly the Audi care is much more valuable if you don’t already have it.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tomsvr6

thats one expensive valve body, $3400.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Sadly, its back in repair, albeit a different issue

Well, I had the car back for three days after my 1st 19 day repair before a MIL light for a suspension malfunction came on triggering a dash alert and light. It went away about 10 seconds later. It happened so fast, I was unable to capture a picture; nonetheless, I'm sure it was stored so out of a concern for my safety, I made notice to my advisor who said to bring it in the next morning. Yesterday, I brought it in the morning to address that issue and also to recode my second key as the car had the immobilizer re-adapted during the first repair and the second key was at my house.

At the end of the day, it was diagnosed as a one-time phantom bug. The technician reported back that an intermittent fault was set once for suspension control. "Does not affect vehicle handling/performance. No bulletins, cleared faults." Basically, while a fault was triggered, nothing was found out of place and it was deemed a non-issue. They reprogrammed the second key and I was set on my way. Happy as one can be, I was glad to hear all was ok.

Forward to today, the sequence of alerts happened again. Again, I was not quick enough to capture proof. Scratching my head I went in to work. Went for lunch, and this time, I started driving with phone in hand ready to capture any proof. Sure enough, not 2 minutes into the drive, the sequence of alerts, beeps, and MIL's went off again, twice in succession. I was able to capture all that transpired. The Suspension Malfunction alerted tripping a MIL for suspension, and adaptive light and pre sense alerts also flashed. The triangle alert and suspension MIL light stayed on for about 30 seconds and then turned off.

I went back to the dealer, and was advised to come back later as there were no service cars available at the time. Not a worry, I came back later but the alerts did not go off in transit. My advisor told me the foreman would be looking into the issue, and also will be getting the Audi tech line involved.

I'm moving towards getting Audi of America involved and seeing what options are available to me from a buyback/replacement perspective as I am starting to get tired of seeing my advisor. I really like the guy, but twice now I've promised, and not held up my part of the bargain, of not seeing him again until my 10K service Sadly the odometer reads 687 miles on my new 2019 S5 SB. I am officially parking in random spots at work as I try to avoid any discussions pertaining my new car. Neighbors probably think I own a dealership or deal drugs.

My service loaner fleet so far:

2018 Ibis White SQ5
2019 Daytona gray pearl SQ5
2019 Mythos black metallic SQ5
Old 04-25-2019, 03:00 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I think your idea of getting AoA involved is definitely on-point — brand new car that the Service people have had possession of longer than you have. I’m sure they’re being nice about it but . . . After all is said and done, will you have any faith in your vehicle?

Good Luck and keep posting whatever happens. This certainly seems to be a black-eye on Audi — but it’s how they resolve it that will count. Every manufacturer has “problem cars” but the proof of the quality is in how they keep their customer happy.

— John
Old 04-25-2019, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sounds like Audi tried to get your car back to you within the lemon law shop duration period, in MA, there is a 3 tried or 30 days limitation, not sure what it is in your state. Once the Audi tech get involve, the process is slow and it will take a while. You need to get Audi to assign a case manager to this case and pursuit buy back or compensation. How many times do you want your brand new car to be taken apart and put back together before you say; this is no longer the brand new car I just bought?
I had one incident of buyback from Audi and the process was very smooth, I even got some option upgrade as compensation. Audi is a top notch company, they stand by their customers, I guess that is why we paid more for an Audi as oppose to buy a Kia Stinger.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default No brainer...car is a lemon.

This is the kind of stuff lemon law(s) were designed to fix.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What Audi usually do is buy back the car before you file for lemon law so the car doesnt end up with a lemon law tiltle.

Quick Reply: 2019 S5 SB Trans MIL at dealer 18 days so far