Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Taillight Hack?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Taillight Hack?

Have anyone figure out if it's possible to get the rear turn signal to behave like the europe version, just is just a moving line without the lower part lighting up?
Old 10-17-2017, 04:32 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I believe the hack is to buy new taillights and control module..?
Old 10-17-2017, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
I believe the hack is to buy new taillights and control module..?
Control module I understand but why new tailights?
Old 10-17-2017, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiz33
Control module I understand but why new tailights?
On Audizine there was a thread on this and someone from Europrice.us confirmed that you need new taillights for this feature as they are wired differently for NA market.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:00 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

This dude did the front and rear lights (and many many other options).

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...build-2913795/
Old 10-17-2017, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
This dude did the front and rear lights (and many many other options).

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...build-2913795/
Thanks, will take a look.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:21 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wiz33
Thanks, will take a look.

Actually this thread has much more info on the tail light retrofit:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/veh...d-oem-2930883/
Old 10-18-2017, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 180 Posts

Unfortunately the North American taillight has combined functions internally. Audi does this on several models and the turn and brake are combined. When the turn signal is activated then the dynamic signal is activated for the sweeping turn. So essentially no matter if you step on the brake or activate the turn the turn LED and brake LED will always come on, however when the turn is activated then the dynamic signal is used to cause the sweeping. So this means sadly that the turn and brake LED cannot be uncoupled on North American taillights.

The only way to have a discrete sweeping turn signal is with Rest of World (European) taillights, wiring and to use VCP (Vag Can Pro) to set the Rest of World (ECE) parameters. There are kits available here with all the needed parts and you can order VCP at a discounted price as well:

A5, S5, RS5 B9 Lighting

These kits for the A5, S5 models are for North American cars and also includes the European switch to add the rear fog light function which was omitted from our models as well.

If you or anyone else has questions don't hesitate to let me know via PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 10-18-2017, 08:46 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Unfortunately the North American taillight has combined functions internally. Audi does this on several models and the turn and brake are combined. When the turn signal is activated then the dynamic signal is activated for the sweeping turn. So essentially no matter if you step on the brake or activate the turn the turn LED and brake LED will always come on, however when the turn is activated then the dynamic signal is used to cause the sweeping. So this means sadly that the turn and brake LED cannot be uncoupled on North American taillights.

The only way to have a discrete sweeping turn signal is with Rest of World (European) taillights, wiring and to use VCP (Vag Can Pro) to set the Rest of World (ECE) parameters. There are kits available here with all the needed parts and you can order VCP at a discounted price as well:

A5, S5, RS5 B9 Lighting

These kits for the A5, S5 models are for North American cars and also includes the European switch to add the rear fog light function which was omitted from our models as well.

If you or anyone else has questions don't hesitate to let me know via PM or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Cool - the $1,728.00 all-inclusive price isn't bad either for that sweeping amber turn signal.

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by N8!; 10-18-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
Cool - the $1,728.00 all-inclusive price isn't bad either for that sweeping amber turn signal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYgfLWCFllu/
See if you can find a Audi performance shop in your area, they may already have a VCP then you would only have to pay for programming (useless you want one so you can play with the other features). I'm actually more incline to get the Euro headrest now, I'll decide once I pick up my SB on Friday and see if the US headrest really gets in the way.

Quick Reply: Taillight Hack?