AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   5 things to do after you get a new car (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/5-things-do-after-you-get-new-car-2969224/)

peekyIL 03-22-2019 10:30 AM

5 things to do after you get a new car

Hi,

Once my car arrived, I will be a first time car owner.

What are the first 5 things I need to do next in terms of preventative maintenance?
I'm talking about color coating, window tinting, apply dent protector.. haha that's the only things I can think of.

I'm in the city of Chicago. Car is Monsoon Gray. If you know a good/reliable place, I would like to know the name of the place too.

Thanks!

KevinGary 03-22-2019 12:23 PM

Get XPEL Ultimate and get it ceramic coated right away. Once that is done upgrade the sway bars. After that, throw out the all season tires and go with season dedicated tires.

chicago_marketing 03-22-2019 12:52 PM

Umbra window tinting. Nino is legendary in the Chicago land area. Five stars on yelp.

Verybumpy 03-22-2019 02:13 PM

Dashcam.

Deazy 03-22-2019 02:39 PM

I'd get a good wash and detailing setup. Stay away from carwashes. Even the touchless ones typically recycle water to save money and add chemicals to the water.

arrtewwx 03-22-2019 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by peekyIL (Post 25292864)
Hi,

Once my car arrived, I will be a first time car owner.

What are the first 5 things I need to do next in terms of preventative maintenance?
I'm talking about color coating, window tinting, apply dent protector.. haha that's the only things I can think of.

I'm in the city of Chicago. Car is Monsoon Gray. If you know a good/reliable place, I would like to know the name of the place too.

Thanks!

Monsoon Gray! Great choice and welcome to the fun.

Here’s what I did, when I got mine...
1) PPF full front, side wheel wells, hood, a-pillars, mirrors, trunk lip
2) RS style grille - EMD auto or EBay
3) Ceramic coatings
4) Metal accelerator, foot pad and brake pedals
5) Window tinting, including front windshield

thatTARDISguy 03-22-2019 03:36 PM

Check out Chicago Auto Pros in Glenview. They're an awesome shop - they do amazing work. Tints, coatings, overall detail, etc.

Ask to speak with Greg or Jason (the owners) and let them know Max with the S5 recommended you. :)

18A5SB 03-23-2019 10:49 AM

This what I did -
1) Sprayed all carpets inside and trunk with 3M Scotch guard green label, two coats. Test first in an obscure area to be sure no color change.
2) Applied leather conditioner/repellent on all leather surfaces.
3) Applied RainX on all window outer surfaces and outside mirrors and buffed thoroughly with soft cloth. Cleaned the the glass thoroughly before RainX application.
4) Installed Weathertech floor mats
5) Installed outdoor carpet from Homedepot cut it to fit in the trunk over the factory surface
6) Applied RejeX, two coats. Used microfiber cloth to remove RejeX. Important apply in shade. Being particular myself cleaned the paint surface with 3M hand glaze to remove any wax that the dealer may have applied before RejeX (probably not necessary RejeX has glazing compound in it).

To protect the rear bumper when lifting heavy objects, bought a 4x6 movers blanket from Harbor Freight and installed it under the outdoor carpet in the trunk. Folded up the extra length under the carpet near the trunk lip. When needed, I simply take the length out let it hang over the bumper and then fold it up once done.

abiley84 03-23-2019 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 18A5SB (Post 25293279)
This what I did -
1) Sprayed all carpets inside and trunk with 3M Scotch guard green label, two coats. Test first in an obscure area to be sure no color change.
2) Applied leather conditioner/repellent on all leather surfaces.
3) Applied RainX on all window outer surfaces and outside mirrors and buffed thoroughly with soft cloth. Cleaned the the glass thoroughly before RainX application.
4) Installed Weathertech floor mats
5) Installed outdoor carpet from Homedepot cut it to fit in the trunk over the factory surface
6) Applied RejeX, two coats. Used microfiber cloth to remove RejeX. Important apply in shade. Being particular myself cleaned the paint surface with 3M hand glaze to remove any wax that the dealer may have applied before RejeX (probably not necessary RejeX has glazing compound in it).

To protect the rear bumper when lifting heavy objects, bought a 4x6 movers blanket from Harbor Freight and installed it under the outdoor carpet in the trunk. Folded up the extra length under the carpet near the trunk lip. When needed, I simply take the length out let it hang over the bumper and then fold it up once done.

What leather conditioner and repellent did you use? On my previous car, I felt like one I used made the leather seats shiny, even after buffing out all the excess which I didn't like.

abiley84 03-23-2019 11:22 AM

As soon as I got mine, I did a few things that I think were needed immediately. All others, such as modifications can be done later.

Immediately went to get it ceramic tinted.
Full paint correction
Feynlab Self Heal Lite ceramic coating.