Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A4/A5 Dashboard replacement speakers set for ASS (Audi Sound System) or EU Base Stere

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 720 Likes on 499 Posts

Yes its quite amazing how just those 3 drivers on the dashboard can make such a massive difference to the sound stage in the car.
The following users liked this post:
Batster (06-02-2022)
Old 10-20-2020, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Just took a short drive. Vocals now stronger from the center with excellent instrument and stereo separation to the corners. Set the Focus to All. Subwoofer is less dominant, although I can turn it up. Bass seems more balanced, front to rear.
These three drivers are not very expensive and would be even less to a corporate giant like AVWG. Why not put something decent in your top selling model rather than what they are supplying?
Then again, how many are driving around happy with the ***?
Be safe.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The *** system is actually extremely common in Europe because the B&O comes in a bundle that not everyone might want (speaking from personal experience). If only more people with the *** system knew that they don't need to put up with mediocre sound.
It was so funny, a friend of mine was in the car, he has the B&O, he thought my car had the advanced B&O that comes with the A7s and higher. He was shocked that I had the *** and that too driven from the HU. I had this smug look on my face.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Once again, thanks for all your hard detective work. Those of us with limited audio expertise salute you.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I am glad it proved useful.

I do have a couple of sets of these speakers available, for people who want a completely drop-in plug and play solution. PM me for details.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Someone asked me to put together only a set of wires for them, as they had already bought the dashboard speakers. It does mean that they will have to modify the speakers themselves. But atleast now they won't have to cut the factory wiring and have the correct crossovers already connected.

The following 2 users liked this post by bruce_miranda:
Camb9 (04-07-2022), danele (11-12-2022)
Old 12-03-2020, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Another set of speakers being put together but these are for a B&O car, so they need different plugs. Still need to shape them to suit the dashboard and door locations.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bruce Miranda Speaker upgrade.

Just wanted to post for anyone that may be thinking of upgrading their sound system and are not sure what is the best way to go.
I have the Audi sound system stock from the factory and as much as I love Audi the sound system really does suck, so I have been doing a lot of research on what I could do that would make a difference to the flat boring sound in my car.
I came across Bruce Miranda's posts on upgrades he has done and supplied others and knowing Bruce is well known in the forums I asked for advice.
Bruce advised a simple and yet inexpensive first toe in the water upgrade he suggested to replace my dash centre speaker and both front tweeters for Bruce's custom made package.
I went for it had all the advice I needed from Bruce on installation which was simple and straight forward and then fired up my MMI and played a song and within 10 seconds I realized I had just installed one of the best upgrades I have ever done to my car.........
Blew me away that such a simple upgrade could make such a huge difference and I mean HUGE!!!! the top end is in a different league so much more detail and clarity, why the hell Audi did not do this in the first place I will never know.
If you are looking to upgrade your sounds and want a really effective and simple way to do it, speak to Bruce I promise you will not be disappointed.

Now onto upgrading the sub.......
Old 01-06-2021, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Bruce,
I also have the *** system and am looking for some advice on what is needed to upgrade the Dashboard speakers. I will eventually add a sub/amp, but I think this is a great place to start off.
Thanks
Old 01-06-2021, 10:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jas9
Hi Bruce,
I also have the *** system and am looking for some advice on what is needed to upgrade the Dashboard speakers. I will eventually add a sub/amp, but I think this is a great place to start off.
Thanks
I do a full set of dashboard speakers that are already modified, with the crossovers and connectors all attached. PM me for details.
If you want to tackle the job yourself then search for my thread on replacing the dashboard speakers.

Quick Reply: A4/A5 Dashboard replacement speakers set for ASS (Audi Sound System) or EU Base Stere