AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   A5 Coupe design flaw?? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/a5-coupe-design-flaw-2953222/)

Tb5 07-11-2018 09:21 PM

A5 Coupe design flaw??

So i heard some rattling on the back seat and thought let me fold the seats forward to determine what was making nose.

i folded forward the middle section, drove a bit, still rattling
put the passenger side seat down and rattling stopped, yay! figured it out...
but then i see marks on the back of my drivers seats...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...11c4a81065.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...825ce4457d.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...687caacb9c.jpg

looks like the red leather marked the back of both driver and passenger seats when it drops forward. pretty disappointing...

what material is the back of the seat? should i use leather wipes or... like leather conditioner...??
the mark doesn't wipe off, so what to do... :/

CtheW0rld 07-12-2018 02:19 AM

Any detailing product, but if that doesn't work, try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

synergize 07-12-2018 07:08 AM

So will you need to move the front seats forward, then lower the back seats, and then readjust the front seats so the seats don't contact one another?

2018BlackA5 07-12-2018 07:15 AM

A lot of vehicles do this.. unfortunately I learned the hard way as well in my other vehicle where it actually scratched the passenger seat. Uggh!

your pics to me look like it took off that protective layer... so unfortunately I don’t think will come off. I hope I am wrong.

if this is absolutely killing you inside and want to to be perfect, you could go to a leather repair shop and they will fill it if required and paint to match with an air brush... I had a couch done once like that and they made it absolutely perfect.

if your car is brand brand new, they may fix it for you, but I doubt it.

2018BlackA5 07-12-2018 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by 2018BlackA5 (Post 25178660)
A lot of vehicles do this.. unfortunately I learned the hard way as well in my other vehicle where it actually scratched the passenger seat. Uggh!

your pics to me look like it took off that protective layer... so unfortunately I don’t think will come off. I hope I am wrong.

if this is absolutely killing you inside and want to to be perfect, you could go to a leather repair shop and they will fill it if required and paint to match with an air brush... I had a couch done once like that and they made it absolutely perfect.

relooking at the pics.. my seats are different.. is that a plastic piece or leather... in writing above, I assumed it was leather

njspeedfreak 07-12-2018 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld (Post 25178568)

I would be very careful with the magic eraser - use it as a last resort. It's actually a very mild abrasive. It's basically a sponge made of melamine foam. They work great for most applications but you need to do spot tests first to make sure you don't create a bigger problem than you started with.

Trade_it_all_4_more 07-12-2018 08:03 AM

I'd have to check my vehicle to be sure, but I have my back seats down quite often and I don't believe they contact my front seats.

From you pictures, it appears as though your front seats are rather generously reclined - is that the case?

Tb5 07-12-2018 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld (Post 25178568)

hmm ok thanks will try a detailing product.

Originally Posted by synergize (Post 25178655)
So will you need to move the front seats forward, then lower the back seats, and then readjust the front seats so the seats don't contact one another?

yes exactly, i would need to move the seats forward everytime as the middle section of the back seat falls forward pretty hard.

Originally Posted by 2018BlackA5 (Post 25178660)

i picked this car up a month ago, i don't know if it's leather wrapped on the back of the seat as well, it feels leathery :/

Originally Posted by 2018BlackA5 (Post 25178662)
relooking at the pics.. my seats are different.. is that a plastic piece or leather... in writing above, I assumed it was leather

im trying to figure this out as well, if its vynil or leather on the back of the sports seats

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak (Post 25178668)
I would be very careful with the magic eraser - use it as a last resort. It's actually a very mild abrasive. It's basically a sponge made of melamine foam. They work great for most applications but you need to do spot tests first to make sure you don't create a bigger problem than you started with.

will keep that in mind, ty

Originally Posted by Trade_it_all_4_more (Post 25178673)
I'd have to check my vehicle to be sure, but I have my back seats down quite often and I don't believe they contact my front seats.

From you pictures, it appears as though your front seats are rather generously reclined - is that the case?

it was the act of dropping the back seats (middle portion only) it falls forward quickly and jams as in the picture in the op. the seats are back comfortably i dont think its maxed out or anything.

CozyOzzy 07-13-2018 10:47 AM

This happened to me on day 1 of having the car. I will point it out when I go in for for my second delivery. Hopefully they can get it out. Have you had any luck with it?

luder888 07-13-2018 01:44 PM

Is this a coupe? My SB the arm rest side is located behind the passenger side. Also I'd have to be 7 foot tall to extend my seat that far back for this to be an issue.