A5 coupe rear trunk lip - Page 2 - AudiWorld Forums

Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5 coupe rear trunk lip

Old 01-08-2019, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JAY-Y View Post

thanks! What did you use for the long side length? Also, is the long side or short side the side thatís overlapping a bit? The rear edge looks fine. Iím thinking itís the long side thatís the inner side and overlapping but having a brain fart.
Long Side Length: 1300 mm

The side that is overlapping a bit is the long side, wich is calculated by them using the angle you provide, so if you ask for an angle like 119 or 118, the long side length should be smaller than 1300 mm.

If you have any other question let me know.

Upload some pcictures when you get it!
Old 01-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Will do. I ended up getting the streamline version they had. Same price and colormatched. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Which spoiler option are you calling stream lined?

Did you guys notice the original posters link to the spoiler has no length data field to enter. Have the settled on the correct size thus you no longer need to provide that information?

​​​​​​Thanks
Old 01-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alpina540i View Post
Which spoiler option are you calling stream lined?

Did you guys notice the original posters link to the spoiler has no length data field to enter. Have the settled on the correct size thus you no longer need to provide that information?

​​​​​​Thanks
Its because the link I provided is for the SB, they donít have one for the coupe.

The SB version doesnít fit on coupes.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by alexort99 View Post
Its because the link I provided is for the SB, they donít have one for the coupe.

The SB version doesnít fit on coupes.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. If the SB does not fit on the coupes, what exactly did you order to put on your coupe? Pardon me if I'm being a moron, but I can't figure out what to order for my coupe when I search the ebay postings.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GR8WHITE A5 View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. If the SB does not fit on the coupes, what exactly did you order to put on your coupe? Pardon me if I'm being a moron, but I can't figure out what to order for my coupe when I search the ebay postings.
Based on the link provided I asked the seller if it was possible to fit it on a coupe, they replied to me telling that they can customize it to fit if I send the measurments.

So I will suggest you to write to the seller and ask for a customized trunk lip with the measurements provided.

Hope that answers your question

Regards!

Old 01-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks man! I really appreciate it. I put my order in and hopefully everything will work out.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Turns out they can't do 118 or 119 degrees. They apparently can only change in 5 degree increments so the choice was either 120 degrees like the OP or 115 degrees. I went with 120 degrees because the OP's pictures looked quite nice despite the tiny overlap.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So forgive me but what angle on the spoiler are we calling 120 degrees? The end cut the overall curvature?

Couldn't you just shorten the short side measurement by 4 mm to also shorten the too long overlapping long side?

Thus not requiring a need to change this angle measurement?

Old 01-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alpina540i View Post
So forgive me but what angle on the spoiler are we calling 120 degrees? The end cut the overall curvature?

Couldn't you just shorten the short side measurement by 4 mm to also shorten the too long overlapping long side?

Thus not requiring a need to change this angle measurement?
That could work! but maybe 4mm less is too much I will say 2mm less (1 for each side) and 120į

The 120į angle is measured as follows:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A5 coupe rear trunk lip

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: