Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5/S5 non Audi Virtual Cockpit images/video

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A5/S5 non Audi Virtual Cockpit images/video

Does anyone have a link/pictures of the non virtual cockpit in the A5/S5. Having seen the VC in person it's cool, but honestly something I don't really need and wanted to see what the standard gauges/middle screen between looks like.

Dealer told me you pretty much get everything in the VC (minus obviously the gauges) in the middle screen of the standard also.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You can see it in this carwow video:
Old 04-18-2017, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here you go!

If I were in a tight budget but I want to get into an A5/S5, I would forgo the Virtual Gauges. That new Driver Information System display between the analog gauges are big and nice. It would surely make up for skipping the Virtual Cockpit. However, doing so would also mean skipping out on the B&O Sound System which I definitely want over the stock Audi System. I know I won't be happy with the sound quality of the Audi sound system. I am not a big fan of B&O brand but it offers better sound quality.

On the other hand, if I can stretch my $$ to get the Prestige Trim, I would. Virtual cockpit displays will be the norm of things to come for cars. A perfect example is the 2017 Honda CRV with its virtual cockpit display being standard across all trim lines. If I plan to keep the vehicle for 6 to 10 years or longer, I will definitely want the virtual cockpit so, at least, it would still be current until the time I decide to part with it.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

Nice explanation of the VC and the analog gauges!
Old 04-18-2017, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
Here you go!

If I were in a tight budget but I want to get into an A5/S5, I would forgo the Virtual Gauges. That new Driver Information System display between the analog gauges are big and nice. It would surely make up for skipping the Virtual Cockpit. However, doing so would also mean skipping out on the B&O Sound System which I definitely want over the stock Audi System. I know I won't be happy with the sound quality of the Audi sound system. I am not a big fan of B&O brand but it offers better sound quality.

On the other hand, if I can stretch my $$ to get the Prestige Trim, I would. Virtual cockpit displays will be the norm of things to come for cars. A perfect example is the 2017 Honda CRV with its virtual cockpit display being standard across all trim lines. If I plan to keep the vehicle for 6 to 10 years or longer, I will definitely want the virtual cockpit so, at least, it would still be current until the time I decide to part with it.
Thanks!

Why would you skip out on the B&O system..it's not attached to the VC/Tech package.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spartan-S5
Thanks!

Why would you skip out on the B&O system..it's not attached to the VC/Tech package.
Yes, you are correct! I thought you could not pick B&O for the Premium Plus trim. Being Canadian, I was thinking of the Audi Canada configurator :-) In Canada, the lower trim line does not provide the prospective buyer an option to step up to the B&O.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here's a good idea for you so you will further understand the features of the Driver Information Display (between the gauge pods). Surf the web for a VIN# for a 2018 A5. Here is one I picked up: WAUPNAF51JA001823

Use that and go to the Audi Owner Manual webpage to view the Owners Manual for the A5.
Audi Online Owner's Manual

Once the manual is on your computer screen, read through pages 17 to 23.

As I mentioned in my post above, that large DIS between the analog gauges is quite large and useful even to show NAV maps.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

Here's a good idea for you so you will further understand the features of the Driver Information Display (between the gauge pods). Surf the web for a VIN# for a 2018 A5. Here is one I picked up: WAUPNAF51JA001823

Use that and go to the Audi Owner Manual webpage to view the Owners Manual for the A5.

Once the manual is on your computer screen, read through pages 17 to 23.

As I mentioned in my post above, that large DIS between the analog gauges is quite large and useful even to show NAV maps.
That was awesome, that sure does explain how it works, thanks!
Old 04-19-2017, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Also keep in mind that if you go for the VC/nav package, the main MMI display is upgraded to an 8.3" display on the center dash.

If you get the standard gauges, the main MMI display is only 7.0".
Old 04-19-2017, 05:30 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

That manual is no joke at 400 pages! I spent quite a while going over it using a SB VIN.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: A5/S5 non Audi Virtual Cockpit images/video