Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nokaoi1
lol I still am. Thinking of changing it to Mythos with Rotor gray. I think I have a few days..
I'm glad I'm not alone.. this would be a hell of a lot easier if there were any of these around here to go and see in person.

Sometimes the gray looks amazing, depending on the light and photographer.. The black seems less photogenic in general, but I've seen a couple pics on instagram that really pop.

With the black, I'm definitely going to have to get a ceramic coating to ward off swirls. Prolly would have needed to do the same thing with grey.

They're both gorgeous. I just can't go with the rotor grey interior because I am terrified of it looking filthy after 6 months - even if it looks a little better new.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ihatecats78
I'm glad I'm not alone.. this would be a hell of a lot easier if there were any of these around here to go and see in person.

Sometimes the gray looks amazing, depending on the light and photographer.. The black seems less photogenic in general, but I've seen a couple pics on instagram that really pop.

With the black, I'm definitely going to have to get a ceramic coating to ward off swirls. Prolly would have needed to do the same thing with grey.

They're both gorgeous. I just can't go with the rotor grey interior because I am terrified of it looking filthy after 6 months - even if it looks a little better new.
I prefer Daytona for a few reasons: (i) pearl effect light reflection, forget about the pics that are circulating around, you have to see it live - even if it's not the same car...just stop by the dealer; (ii) I live in the desert - so I try to avoid black - not because of the heat, more due to the dust. With that said, my first Audi years and years ago (A4 3.2T B7 - love that car) was black - and it suit the Audis really well; and, (iii) I'd like a color that emphasizes the curves and lines of the car. I don't get that with white and red offered. I would go with a more "pop" color - but I want the S5 interior in red, my other car is blue and I don't want to wait for an Audi Exclusive. The Gotland green looks really "classic" in the S5 but I'm not a fan of green cars and I want to have fun with this car for a long time and add some mods. You can not go wrong with black - it's a "safe" color... nothing wrong with being safe.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by am3a83

I give Down Payment (20%) on 1-April. for Ibis White MY2017 A5-Coupe.

Got call from the Dealer recommending to place the Order after 2 weeks and I shall get the MY2018.

Expecting Delivery: Mid-July.

===================
Specs:
==================
Engine:
F53CAY\0 \PQD 45 TFSI quattro Design S tronic

Exterior:
Ibis White

Interior:
ZK Material: Leather/artificial leather combination
Seats: Sports seats in front
Seats: nougat brown-nougat-brown

Equipment:
PCE Assistance package including Audi pre sense plus for export markets
7W1 Audi pre sense basic
6K8 Audi pre sense city
PRI Cast aluminium alloy wheels, multi-spoke V-design, contrast. grey, part. pol.,
8.5J x 19, 255/35 R 19 tyres
KS1 Head-up display
8G1 High-beam control
PS8 Seat ventilation at front
2PF Sport contour leather steering wheel, 3-spoke design, flattened at the with
multifunction plus
5MG Walnut dark brown

Recent Update from Dealer... "Production will start in June as (MY2018) and Delivery expected to by Week 30 (July End)".

Last edited by am3a83; 07-03-2017 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:06 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Ordered 30 Mar
Built 10-12 May

Currently on board the Columbia Highway vehicle carrier ship:

Departed Emden, Germany on 20 May
Arrived Nova Scotia, Canada 29 May

Departed Nova Scotia 31 May
Arrived Davisville, Rhode Island 1 June

Departed Davisville, Rhode Island 2 June
Expected to Arrive Houston 8 June

From Houston, it should have less than 10 days to clear customs and be trucked to Denver, CO

Last edited by N8!; 06-02-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You've got a good production date! I just received an update a couple of days ago - production started, so it looks like mine is running 10 days-ish ahead ahead of schedule. It is coming to AZ via San Diego which takes ~ 30 days from Emden. Looking like mid of July as of now...
Old 06-13-2017, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was just notified mine is supposed to start production today, and should be available to me around the end of July/beginning of August. So a bit of a bump up in schedule from the original mid-September delivery! (ordered May 9th)
Old 06-13-2017, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
Ordered 30 Mar
Built 10-12 May

Currently on board the Columbia Highway vehicle carrier ship:

Departed Emden, Germany on 20 May
Arrived Nova Scotia, Canada 29 May

Departed Nova Scotia 31 May
Arrived Davisville, Rhode Island 1 June

Departed Davisville, Rhode Island 2 June
Expected to Arrive Houston 8 June

From Houston, it should have less than 10 days to clear customs and be trucked to Denver, CO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwbUQfiN234

Our cars might have been ship mates, my s5 has been in Houston appox June 8th also. Just waiting for it to make its way to salt lake city.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CaptainK
Was just notified mine is supposed to start production today, and should be available to me around the end of July/beginning of August. So a bit of a bump up in schedule from the original mid-September delivery! (ordered May 9th)
I heard similar about mine too!
Old 06-13-2017, 07:11 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 3cat
Our cars might have been ship mates, my s5 has been in Houston appox June 8th also. Just waiting for it to make its way to salt lake city.
Yeah!!! Should be here in Denver by the end o'the week I think.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:30 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

I can say that the last 30 days of the wait are the hardest.

Truth.

Quick Reply: A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up