Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 146 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by cushlash
I just received word that my car departed Emden on 7/17 and is due to arrive in Houston on 8/9. However, I've been looking at the export schedule from PWL and I can't seem to match up the vessel. The dealer says they don't receive vessel info. Anyone know which vessel my car could be on?
Yes they do get the vessel info. Took my dealer's sales manager all of about 25 seconds to find it. Make him earn his money and get it for you. It's kinda fun tracking your car across the ocean.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cushlash
I just received word that my car departed Emden on 7/17 and is due to arrive in Houston on 8/9. However, I've been looking at the export schedule from PWL and I can't seem to match up the vessel. The dealer says they don't receive vessel info. Anyone know which vessel my car could be on?
If it left on the 17th, your car is on the same ship as mine. That would be the Goodwood, and it is actually due into Houston on 8/5 (not that I am tracking it or anything). The Goodwood actually came in late on the 16th and most of the cars were loaded on the 17th, which is why I think the shipping date shows as the 17th.

The Goodwood left the English Channel late last night and is entering the North Atlantic Ocean now on it's way to Rhode Island first (arriving on 7/28), then to Jacksonville, FL on 7/31 and then to Houston on 8/5. Once it gets about a day out of Rhode Island, it can be tracked all the way from Rhode Island to Houston at https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...essel:GOODWOOD
Old 07-21-2017, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
If it left on the 17th, your car is on the same ship as mine. That would be the Goodwood, and it is actually due into Houston on 8/5 (not that I am tracking it or anything). The Goodwood actually came in late on the 16th and most of the cars were loaded on the 17th, which is why I think the shipping date shows as the 17th.

The Goodwood left the English Channel late last night and is entering the North Atlantic Ocean now on it's way to Rhode Island first (arriving on 7/28), then to Jacksonville, FL on 7/31 and then to Houston on 8/5. Once it gets about a day out of Rhode Island, it can be tracked all the way from Rhode Island to Houston at https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...essel:GOODWOOD
Thanks for the detailed reply - that's really helpful. I've been looking at the PWL schedule and the Marine Traffic app, racking my brain. I then realized that I'm looking at the week 29 schedule which shows Goodwood's September dates. I then found an older week 27 schedule that I downloaded a few weeks ago and I discovered the dates you just referenced. So it looks like you're definitely right. It looks like my $5.99 Marine Traffic app purchase will pay off after all. Thanks again for the help!
Old 07-24-2017, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rocko76
Mine as well - still sitting there, except it should only be a 2.5hr drive to Austin.
Still hasn't been released to carrier - my SA called today and said delays passing through customs. Will be two weeks tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scoopman
Cool, thanks! good to know the dates line up with what Audi estimated.
The Dalian Highway just crossed the Panamal Canal today and shortly will be en route to San Diego (for an ETA of Aug 5)... and then another couple of weeks to PHX! Almost home ;-)

Old 07-26-2017, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

That's pretty cool to have a shot of the ship your car is on going through the Canal.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

Sold my A6 yesterday. My A5 SB arrived in port last Monday, so hopefully only a few days with no Audi in my garage!
Old 07-28-2017, 05:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Houston, there's a problem: If your car is coming into Houston, it is presently facing a 3-week delay due to customs BEFORE it is loaded onto a truck. This is driving Audi and Porsche dealers crazy and upsetting customers. No estimate when it might return to the previous 4-5 days.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aviator6
Sold my A6 yesterday. My A5 SB arrived in port last Monday, so hopefully only a few days with no Audi in my garage!
I wish they would offer the Aviator Blue again as a standard color. It's an awesome color and I think it would look really good on any Audi.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Audphile
I wish they would offer the Aviator Blue again as a standard color. It's an awesome color and I think it would look really good on any Audi.
Agree 100%. If it would have been available, I would have stayed with the Aviator Blue. Dealers didn't order this color enough so that people could see it in person. Pictures don't do it justice - have to see it in person.

Quick Reply: A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up