Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluemax
Hopefully you will have better luck than me, and that your trial period doesn't start until you actually get the car! Forgot to say that it was stated to have been loaded onto a transport a week ago Friday, but dealer said just being on a transport doesn't mean it is leaving the port. Mine is headed (supposedly) to Audi Meadowlands. I would just like to enjoy it for a short while before the snow flies and have to change the tires.
I bought mine at Audi Meadowlands as well, I gotta say I didn't have a good experience with them and awful at giving me information all the way up to management, my salesperson was actually let go shortly after my car arrived which I think may have had something to do with my awful experiance, I won't be buying from them again for sure. I did have a few interactions with the service department and luckily they seem much much better then the sales department.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by anfnj22
I bought mine at Audi Meadowlands as well, I gotta say I didn't have a good experience with them and awful at giving me information all the way up to management, my salesperson was actually let go shortly after my car arrived which I think may have had something to do with my awful experiance, I won't be buying from them again for sure. I did have a few interactions with the service department and luckily they seem much much better then the sales department.
Interesting that your car came so quickly after Port arrival versus my experience and the information experience. They blame lack of info on Audi but hard to tell what the real truth is from reading various Audi blog sites. My salesperson has been there at least 4 years and has seemed good, but I'll wait until car actually comes in. I had a really horrible experience at Town who only wanted to sell a car in inventory versus ordering what I wanted and limited a test drive to about 2 miles and not on the highway. Good to hear your experience with the service group has been better.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered red mine in Lancaster Pa July 28: I got my last letter last Wednesday so it’s sitting in Rhode Island . I am on my third salesman must be a poor azz place to work. I have experience with their service department. My wife’s GTI gets treated like a king. The sales department is seriously a mess.
looking forward to driving my car before I die of old age.

S5 Sportback

Premium Plus

Tango Red

Black Interior Alcantara

Carbon Atlas Inlay

Navigation Package

S Sport Package

19” Cavo Wheels

Last edited by Bill17601; 11-11-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

I figured I would update

Location NH
S5 Sport Prestige
Order placed 9/5/2017
Reached step 1 Off to a fast start 9/16/2017
Reached step 2 scheduled to be built 10/12/2017
Built 10/24/2017 headed to Emden
Arrived at port of Emden 11/6
Loaded on Adriatic Highway 11/12 arrival in Davisville RI 11/22
Delivery ETA 11/27/17 - 12/25/17
Old 11-13-2017, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by machz
I figured I would update

Location NH
S5 Sport Prestige
Order placed 9/5/2017
Reached step 1 Off to a fast start 9/16/2017
Reached step 2 scheduled to be built 10/12/2017
Built 10/24/2017 headed to Emden
Arrived at port of Emden 11/6
Loaded on Adriatic Highway 11/12 arrival in Davisville RI 11/22
Delivery ETA 11/27/17 - 12/25/17

Funny. we ordered the same day. Mine was put on boat around Oct 27 and arrived in RI last Friday (11/10). There is a chance I will have it by Thanksgiving.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

They were one of the 3 dealers I worked with. Their initial price was about $2500 over invoice. Only after I signed a deal at invoice with another dealer did they start to negotiate and then they didn't leave me alone for days - even though I signed a deal). I was blunt with them. Why would I renege on a deal at invoice (and that was the starting price of that dealer) to deal with Meadowlands? hmm
Old 11-13-2017, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zoepup
Funny. we ordered the same day. Mine was put on boat around Oct 27 and arrived in RI last Friday (11/10). There is a chance I will have it by Thanksgiving.
Well that's not funny Yeah mine sat at the port because it missed the first ship...

Last edited by machz; 11-13-2017 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well that's not funny Yeah mine sat at the port because it missed the first ship...
Yeah.. not funny. it was why i disconnected myself from the process and let it play out. Whenever I order something, it always shows up last. Now, how a car misses a boat is amazing. with today's technology you would think they would load them in a FIFO manner and it all shoudl be traceable.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zoepup
Yeah.. not funny. it was why i disconnected myself from the process and let it play out. Whenever I order something, it always shows up last. Now, how a car misses a boat is amazing. with today's technology you would think they would load them in a FIFO manner and it all shoudl be traceable.

Yeah I agree, I must say Audi's tracking is lacking. I ordered my last Jeep and I knew where it was during the entire process by logging in and checking.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah I agree, I must say Audi's tracking is lacking. I ordered my last Jeep and I knew where it was during the entire process by logging in and checking.
Well, Audi NE Rep finally gave my dealer an update today on why my S5 Sportback is still at the RI port. First they selected it for a spot check thorough review that led to discovering one of the rims was damaged. Even though the dealer has an unsold car they could swap out the tire, Audi won't release until rim is replaced and tire has to come from Germany and be replaced at the port. But they have a shortage of "extra" rims so they have no idea when the replacement will be made and when the car will be released to the dealer.

It took from Oct 23rd, when the car arrived, until today for Audi to communicate that info to the dealer. Could not be more frustrated!

Quick Reply: A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up