Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Emerson11
I'm in southwest Florida and admire Nardo grey. Did you find a photo of Nardo Grey that tipped you that way? If yes, could you post? I've only seen the color with either a Black Optics package or an RS black grill, and since neither of those is in the cards . . . .

Additionally, Nardo isn't on the 2018 Exclusive "Pre-approved" paint list. Does that mean the charge will exceed the $3900 standard exclusive $?
Hyperspeed literally posted the video that inspired me to go for Nardo Grey. It seems to be a "love it or hate it" color, but it grabbed me so hard I couldn't resist. No clue about the "pre-approved" list, but basically I walked into the dealership with all the listed line items, and they told me that the paint color would be an extra $3900 and extend the build time by about 6 weeks. So either they goofed and I'll be an angry customer, it's on that "pre-approved" list, or you can order it despite the fact it isn't on the list.

And yeah, I really wish there was a black optics package as it looks much better than aluminum trim. I've decided I'll just get the mirrors wrapped in CF, and the trim in gloss black. For the grill, I have no doubt there will be a black aftermarket grill at some point..
Old 04-10-2017, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainK
Which dealer did you go through in Dallas, if you don't mind? I'm moving there mid-summer and will be looking to order in May/June. Also planning on nardo grey, so I'll have a bit of a wait as well
Audi Dallas on Lemmon Ave.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ycore
Audi Dallas on Lemmon Ave.
Ok cool, I've been communicating with a sales guy there recently. Hoping black optics will be available in the next couple months
Old 04-10-2017, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I hope it all goes as planned. Please post photos when car arrives.
I'm also contemplating Cumulus Blue (pre-approved list). I don't need the car til October, so I have to explore.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Hyperspeed--
This was on previous page, so I missed it. Thanks for posting. Actually I really like the color with the chrome. Also, sense it's not a metallic, it makes me think I might also like Cumulus Blue with the chrome. Ugh -- decisions.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That nardo paired with BO is absolutely stunning in all the pics I've seen. Can't wait to see your sportback when it arrives.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case anyones wondering.. this is the video that made me go with white!

Old 04-11-2017, 09:41 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BobTX10
That nardo paired with BO is absolutely stunning in all the pics I've seen. Can't wait to see your sportback when it arrives.
In reality, the gray looks nothing like that. It looks quite boring (in my opinion). It is the color of fresh cement.

Here are some realistic photos of that color if you click on this link:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud.../#post24944053

Old 04-11-2017, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Hyperspeed--
In case anyones wondering.. this is the video that made me go with white!

https://youtu.be/kMqHMK8Pw8M
I wish we could get those wheels in the states!
Old 04-11-2017, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
In reality, the gray looks nothing like that. It looks quite boring (in my opinion). It is the color of fresh cement.
I was in your camp originally, but the more I see the color (yes, I have seen it in person) the more i like it. I was debating Riviera Blue vs Nardo when my dealer said neither was available even via exclusive order (Canada).

I then saw the video Hyperspeed posted and the one below, and went with Ibis White.

Quick Reply: A5/S5 Ordering Timeline Thread...post yours up