Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5 Sportback Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A5 Sportback Impressions

Went up to Audi Boulder and drove a SB this afternoon....

Noticed it right away on the lot, def a unique looking ride. This one was black, S-line, 19". I was able to drive it up a canyon and she moved and handled like a champ. I was in dynamic mode most of the time. To me the lag wasn't noticeable and the car moved when I asked it to. While it's a low ride it didn't feel too low. It was a rough road but the ride was smooth, even on 19's.

Visibility out of the back was good, rain piled up a little on the back windshield, worth noting if you drive in the rain a lot. Based on my positioning didn't sense any bad blind spots.

Sport seats up front were great. Halfway through the test drive we got out and I sat in the back. I'm 6'0", long legs and was able to fit comfortably in the back. Wouldn't want to road trip back there but a few hours would be fine. "Boot" is very spacious, I think most people will really appreciate the room back there.

What else...Front turn signal is a blinking light unlike euro models but the rear has the dynamic effect. B&O system really hit, solid sound on XM radio. I'm not for chrome so all the interior chrome trim along with outside I wasn't big on. Tech same as the other newer Audi models, I didn't play with it too much, plenty of time for that if/when I get one.

Overall a great car, I think a lot of you awaiting one will be happy when it arrives.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:00 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the report. I've spec'd 18's on the A5 I ordered - The S-Line 5-spoke rims look the best of a cheesy selection of rims. The more I see them in pix and vids the happier i am with my choice.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Definitely welcome the opinion of others, should be plenty in the coming days.

Only wheels I love are the Cavo's, have to see how I feel about the 18's in person.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:48 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JSING
Definitely welcome the opinion of others, should be plenty in the coming days.

Only wheels I love are the Cavo's, have to see how I feel about the 18's in person.

do do you have a feel for how much Cavo rims are going to cost yet?
Old 04-27-2017, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by N8!
do do you have a feel for how much Cavo rims are going to cost yet?

No idea, was going to start up a wheel thread to see what options I have to get other A5 OEM wheels, Hartmann doesn't make them yet.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

I test drove a A5 Sportback P+ with S-line package yesterday. Traffic kind of sucked around the dealership so could really push the car too much.

I had a friend with me on the test drive and they did point out one thing missing from the front seats that I wouldn't have even noticed, which was that there are no "oh sh*t" handles to grab on to along the roof line over the windows. These handles do exist in the back seats though.

Any ways, I thought it was funny and I guess says something about my driving maybe for my friend to notice they were missing unlike my current car hehe
Old 05-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by heymoe

I had a friend with me on the test drive and they did point out one thing missing from the front seats that I wouldn't have even noticed, which was that there are no "oh sh*t" handles to grab on to along the roof line over the windows. These handles do exist in the back seats though.
Funny thing, my wife noticed this too when we test drove the A5 SB. We are 60+ but not infirm yet, so I think we can get in and out of car without it. Will be picking up my SB Friday or Saturday!
Old 05-19-2017, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I wonder why the removed the handles for the front seats? I also don't use them myself at this point but I can see them being handy and my friends would really like to have them when I'm carving up some back roads. Odd.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just use the door handles. Never understood why people even use the roof handles
Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hard to pull yourself UP and out of your seat by pulling sideways on a door handle that would also be closing the door at the same time would be my guess.

Quick Reply: A5 Sportback Impressions