Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

ABT RS5 tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ABT RS5 tune

Is anyone else considering the ABT tune for the RS5 ? I was quoted the tune plus an extra water cooler, but its not cheap.

“We do offer our RS5 Coupe power upgrade for the Sportback as well.
The price for the power upgrade is US$ 3,990.00 + US$ 150.00 shipping via air freight from our German warehouse to any US location.

As you could see from our website it is not just a software tune but a complete separate ECU that is installed additionally to the cars original ECU. Our RS5 power upgrade also includes an additional water radiator and air inlet cover to help cooling the engine. “

If you have decided to go another route, such as JP or APR, why? I have never had a car tuned so its all new to me, but this forums is very helpful.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

I believe the ECUs in the B9s still haven't been cracked yet (encrypted code) thus the separate "piggyback" module that ABT, JB4 and I'm sure some others are offering. Basically the module modifies sensor readings going into the car's ECU to trick it into doing things to get the performance out of it. You likely won't see a tune from APR until the ECU is cracked. As a side note, I'm no expert on these things so I'm sure if I said something wrong someone will chime in to correct me.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Update - I just ordered the Power Upgrade for my 2019 RS5 SB. ABT just slashed prices almost in half for the tune and it still includes the extra radiator. I know its still 1000 bucks more than most tunes, but I’m drinking the kool-aid and happy to have a big name behind my $95k car. Also going to do the AWE airgate and start looking into exhaust. Probably wont pull the trigger on exhaust in 2019 unless i crush some sales . But a guy can dream.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
Update - I just ordered the Power Upgrade for my 2019 RS5 SB. ABT just slashed prices almost in half for the tune and it still includes the extra radiator. I know its still 1000 bucks more than most tunes, but I’m drinking the kool-aid and happy to have a big name behind my $95k car. Also going to do the AWE airgate and start looking into exhaust. Probably wont pull the trigger on exhaust in 2019 unless i crush some sales . But a guy can dream.
Awesome! Let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/05/ab...ts-galore/amp/
Old 06-17-2019, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

ABT power installed. AWE airgate intake installed. Sounds great , like before, really fun to drive, with some more oomph.

I need to Dyno it to see power output. Also will have to find a track day to really let it rip.

Looking into exhaust options and new wheels for later in 2019.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

ABT power installed. AWE airgate intake installed. Sounds great , like before, really fun to drive, with some more oomph.

I need to Dyno it to see power output. Also will have to find a track day to really let it rip.

Glad to hear and looking forward to dyno results and you track day experience.
If you need some help with exhaust and wheels, happy to help.

Old 06-18-2019, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks - I am down in Wilmington once or twice a year for training. I stock up on cases of tax free delicious wines and maybe I can add some car shopping to the list
Old 06-19-2019, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great to hear. I want to get the piggyback as well. How does it feel compared to stock? Any noticeable difference? Also, my big concern was the need to run on higher octane. Anything higher than 91 here is hard to come by unless it is a 10% ethanol 93. Appreciate your comments.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

93 does not seem to be an issue where i am, and the computer is supposed to be smart enough to hold it back some if using 91 fuel.

It’s more, I cant tell how much more, because traffic in CT in the summer is a @#$%^ night mare. Everyone going to the cape drives through my high ways and clogs them up

Hope to dyno soon and track soon.

Quick Reply: ABT RS5 tune