Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

ABT RS5 tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

@Aeroboiler where exactly is the AEC located in that picture?
Old 06-20-2019, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
I need to Dyno it to see power output.
Did you dyno it *before* you did the mods?
Old 06-21-2019, 01:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by mdxers1
Great to hear. I want to get the piggyback as well. How does it feel compared to stock? Any noticeable difference? Also, my big concern was the need to run on higher octane. Anything higher than 91 here is hard to come by unless it is a 10% ethanol 93. Appreciate your comments.
Not worth doing unless you can consistently run 93 AKI / 98 RON fuel.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did not Dyno it before the mods. But it was completely factory . Is there going to be huge variances between completely factory stocked RS5s of the same model year? I imagine a point or 2 but nothing crazy, but what do I know.

I dont know what an AEC is . New to this world. Before this car all I ever did to my Jetta was rip out all the speakers and put in a custom system with a sub. Learning and having fun as I go with this one.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2019, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
I did not Dyno it before the mods. But it was completely factory . Is there going to be huge variances between completely factory stocked RS5s of the same model year? I imagine a point or 2 but nothing crazy, but what do I know.

I dont know what an AEC is . New to this world. Before this car all I ever did to my Jetta was rip out all the speakers and put in a custom system with a sub. Learning and having fun as I go with this one.

Thanks
You can't compare a Dyno sheet to the factory numbers for a couple reasons, you will need to Dyno with the unit unplugged and with it plugged in to be able to measure the gains.

% gain is all that matters in Dyno besides looking at the shape of the torque/hp curves
Old 06-21-2019, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

@Aeroboiler AEC = ABT Engine Control. i.e. the actual piggy back unit. I was trying to see where in your engine bay they actually installed it.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
@Aeroboiler AEC = ABT Engine Control. i.e. the actual piggy back unit. I was trying to see where in your engine bay they actually installed it.
Or any pictures of the piggyback unit and/or the additional radiator would be helpful as well.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chicago_marketing
Or any pictures of the piggyback unit and/or the additional radiator would be helpful as well.
https://www.abt-shop.de/en/ABT-ADDIT...IATOR-KIT.html

Looks like the third pic posted by him shows the ABT air to water intercooler already installed. I think it just replaces the stock one.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in Paris for a week now, drooling over all the cool Audis I see that we don't get in the states... . When im back ill grab some more pics. That radiator does not replace a factory one, its an additional one that gives the system an increase in overall capacity. I do not know what percentage or Gallons/ Liters of extra fluid are in the new system but I have noticed that in normal driving my temps are significantly cooler.

Thanks for the Dyno input, Yes I guess we can simply unplug it for the test and then plug it in to compare. Looking forward to doing that this summer also.

Thanks for the input .
Old 06-28-2019, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@Aeroboiler I am also interested in getting the ABT Cooling Kit. Can you elaborate about ,,temps are significantly cooler"? Exactly by how much have they dropped? And why did you consider getting it in the first place?

Quick Reply: ABT RS5 tune