Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

ACNA

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 02:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by mhblaw
Not sure why one would not "need" the 6% discount, but it was worth it to me to buy the lifetime for $750 because I joined less than 6 months before taking delivery of my S5. Lifetime got the discount, annual would not have.
Friends with the owners of the dealership. Discount is never an issue with any car I want, just want to get them something back from AoA.....
Old 05-18-2018, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JFerraro819

what are Audi raffles
They have been doing new Audi raffles the last couple of years. This year its two vehicles-winner chooses color. They sell 5000 tickets for $25/each.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My understanding is that dealers are not obligated to provide the discount, correct? When I was shopping for my car last year the dealer acted like they didn’t know what the ACNA was. Fortunately found a dealer to give me a better deal.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by S5owneralmost
My understanding is that dealers are not obligated to provide the discount, correct?
Correct, participation is at dealer's discretion:
Audi Affinity Program
Old 05-20-2018, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I've gotten some pretty good benefits from my membership

Originally Posted by JFerraro819
Hey all,

I was wondering if it was worth buying the lifetime membership. i dont need the 6% discount but would like to get involved in the community and go on rallies etc. Can anyone tell me if its worth paying for if one doesn't need the discount. I'm located in NY if this matters
A lot of the benefits depend on how active the chapter in your area is. There not much going on in the South Louisiana/ Mississippi Gulf Coast area where I live, so I've sort of adopted the Georgia, Carolina and Florida clubs. I started out meeting some folks in the Florida club and went to the Sebring 12 hour race in 2011. Since I was an ACNA member, I was able to get "tickets" through the Audi Sport Experience. And since then I've gone to races at Daytona (Rolex 24), COTA in Austin for the LeMans Prototype WEC cars, and Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta.

These tickets have gotten me gourmet meals, hot laps at all 4 tracks in Audi RS cars, hot pit tours, paddock tours, parade laps, trackside suites, decent bathrooms, lots of liquid refreshments, and the opportunity to "exercise" R8s twice. They aren't cheap, are limited in number, but are a bargain considering the cost of buying "a la carte" those things which can be purchased. Through friends I've made at the races, I've participated in the Georgia club's quattro de Mayo for the last 5 years and had a ball on coordinated drives through on some of the most interesting roads and through some of the most interesting areas in the Smokey Mountains, hosted at very nice resorts.

In August ACNA is holding its national event in Tacoma, and so far 9 of us are meeting in St Louis to drive from St Louis to Tacoma (Google TTOA 2018 for some information). I've met the current and former presidents of Audi of America, many other well placed company people, all of the former LeMans drivers and team engineers (and brought home autographed items for my grandson). I'll be at Atlanta Motorsports Park next Thursday morning for some quality seat time in an R* V10 Plus and a TT RS. I'll pay for my travel and housing but the track experience is free (not really - there's the cost of my membership and the fact that I've had 6 Audis since 1999). I've used the membership discount for my last 2 Audis, but could have probably gotten a similar discount from my dealer, with whom I have a very good relationship.

I've had some very good times and made some very good friends through my association with the ACNA. Some people probably pay for the membership and don't or can't really use it. It all depends on what you're looking for. Personally, joining the club was one of the better decisions I've made.

Hope this helps.