Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Active Lane Assist

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Active Lane Assist

I'm planning on buying an '18 A5. I have fallen in love with my wife's Tesla Auto pilot for freeway driving, so I want it on my next car. I know Active lane assist is not the same, but I think it will do what I want. Is it available on the Premium Plus model, or only the Prestige? Unfortunately I'm not having good luck finding knowledgeable, honest sales people.
Thanks,
Old 01-06-2019, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by bengy1
I'm planning on buying an '18 A5. I have fallen in love with my wife's Tesla Auto pilot for freeway driving, so I want it on my next car. I know Active lane assist is not the same, but I think it will do what I want. Is it available on the Premium Plus model, or only the Prestige? Unfortunately I'm not having good luck finding knowledgeable, honest sales people.
Thanks,
It was an option only for the Prestige trim in 2018. Off-topic, but I test drove a 2019 with this option and found it to mostly be a nuisance, as it tried to fight me when I moved over several lanes before making a turn.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
It was an option only for the Prestige trim in 2018. Off-topic, but I test drove a 2019 with this option and found it to mostly be a nuisance, as it tried to fight me when I moved over several lanes before making a turn.
If you use your turn signal / indicator then it will not fight you but instead will temporarily disable and allow easy lane changes. You can also change the settings on steering wheel vibrate.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by The RandomOne
If you use your turn signal / indicator then it will not fight you but instead will temporarily disable and allow easy lane changes. You can also change the settings on steering wheel vibrate.
That's what I assumed, but no one in Dallas uses blinkers so I could induce confusion if I overuse them.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
That's what I assumed, but no one in Dallas uses blinkers so I could induce confusion if I overuse them.
ha! Blinkers are just an invitation for the other person to speed up and not let you in. I do use my blinker, but only right before switching over, to give you a warning that I’m coming over. Of course, I always check to ensure I can make it and I know how to use my rear view mirror to see if I’m changing into a lane where someone is barreling down and would need to hit the brakes (so frustrating when ppl do this to me).
Old 01-06-2019, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JD,
You should be ashamed of yourself. You didn't give me the answer I wanted, but thanx anyway.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by bengy1
Thanks,
Lane Assist is only available on the Prestige package and then you have to add on DAP - driver assistance package. I believe DAP is included with Prestige in MY19.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/content...-review-268606
Old 01-06-2019, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by arrtewwx

Lane Assist is only available on the Prestige package and then you have to add on DAP - driver assistance package. I believe DAP is included with Prestige in MY19.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/content...-review-268606
That's correct, it was an option with Prestige for 2018 and is included as part of Prestige for 2019.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had it on a loaner and thought it was really annoying.

2018 S5 prestige coupe
Old 01-06-2019, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlson
I had it on a loaner and thought it was really annoying.

2018 S5 prestige coupe
It is defaulted off when you start the car, so you can leave it off. I find it useful to turn on if I think I might be distracted for a moment, but for the most part I leave it off.

Quick Reply: Active Lane Assist