Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Adaptive suspension - Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Adaptive suspension - Worth it?

I test drive a S5 with adaptive suspension and the difference between Comfort and Dynamic seems very small. Does it really worth it (an individual option here in Canada)?
Old 03-24-2018, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

To me it was worth it. You should really drive one without the adaptive suspension and decide which feels better for you. The adaptive suspension just feels different in both comfort and dynamic vs the base suspension,
Old 03-24-2018, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
I test drive a S5 with adaptive suspension and the difference between Comfort and Dynamic seems very small. Does it really worth it (an individual option here in Canada)?
To me it makes a huge difference. When I have it in Comfort vs Dynamic the handling is different and very noticeable. Apart from handling bumps, the cornering and handling on turns is very different. Love it.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just got mine with the adaptive and its worth it. asking someone else if its worth it is ridiculous. test drive one and decide for yourself.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you that this car is extremely comfortable with the adaptive suspension. I drive long distances at a time and typically have the comfort mode on suspension and it is much more comfortable than my wife’s full size Range Rover or my old BMW 750. I haven’t driven this car without it though soI am not sure what that ride is like.

My car is a s5 sportback.. also on comfort mode the car has very little body roll and handles cornering as much as I need it to 95% of the time The few times I have hit the twisties and change to full dynamic mode the car does really tighten up and its nice to have this option for the 5% i do this. I normally drive in individual mode with most things set to D and the suspension on comfort.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Absolutely. It's a must.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
i got mine without and still love it. I guess with it will make it nicer but without is no problem at all. It may be not as comfy but not gonna make you hate the car. At least what i feel. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just got mine on friday the 23rd. also just found out its basically mag ride. just like my 16 S3 that had it, its great. too bad I am coming from a Q7 because that thing is very quiet but this is me. its a chameleon and it doesnt scream out its abilities like some chav mobile. comfy when I want and sporty when I want.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
just got mine on friday the 23rd. also just found out its basically mag ride. just like my 16 S3 that had it, its great. too bad I am coming from a Q7 because that thing is very quiet but this is me. its a chameleon and it doesnt scream out its abilities like some chav mobile. comfy when I want and sporty when I want.
"basically mag ride" nope, not magnetorheological - though Audi does have some vehicles that are, the B9's are not. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...-sads-2928508/ see posts #3 and #8 from member Glisse...

Last edited by bbbobbb; 03-28-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

For those who used the B9 adaptive suspension for while by now, when you're in comfort mode, does that reduce rattles over uneven roads? Do you actually feel that Comfort/Auto/Dynamic feel like 3 separate modes instead of binary?
I already ordered the car without but I'm thinking about adding it, and I won't be able to test drive it before.

Quick Reply: Adaptive suspension - Worth it?