Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Anyone cross-shop the Alfa Guilia Quad vs. the RS5?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GraySpur837
That interior should make the Alfa about 20k cheaper.
than everyone would consider it.

Audi pricing
Chrysler build quality
Ferrari engine
Hyundai interior

Its beautiful but that's how i feel about it. LOL
lol spot on!
Old 01-20-2019, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

I considered it too but eliminated it, too new with no reliability record - made after all by a FIAT (aka Fix It Again Tony!) subsidiary! I also found it a bit worse in the NVH areas, a bit quirky switch placements. But loved the all leather interior option. Also, the SB on the A5 was a plus for me.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Checked out my local dealer inventory....a 2 minute walk around of EVERY Alfa on the lot revealed exterior fit/finish/paint issues that I wouldn't deep acceptable on a Ford. The interior multi-media control feels about as flimsy as a child's toy. I'm sorry, but if that's the the "care" that went into designing this car I just can't take it seriously. I have no doubt it car be a hoot to drive aggressively, but not with such glaring faults that don't exist on every other competitor. I can't imagine resale will be worth a hill of beans in the future either. Nice try, but too much money spent in the wrong places.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Traded one in last year for an SQ5. Awesome drivers car. Sounds sublime. Turn in response is scary fast. But it’s a toy to drive and not (imho) well suited for daily use, even before you address the lack of awd and tires.

You're paying for its drivetrain at the end of the day.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Traded one in last year for an SQ5. Awesome drivers car. Sounds sublime. Turn in response is scary fast. But it’s a toy to drive and not (imho) well suited for daily use, even before you address the lack of awd and tires.

You're paying for its drivetrain at the end of the day.

BUT: Did your dealership retail or wholesale the Alfa?
Old 01-20-2019, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1

BUT: Did your dealership retail or wholesale the Alfa?
immediately flipped it to a wholesaler for what we traded it for; otherwise we would have been stuck with it.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't have an RS5, just an S5 SB (with ABT Piggy and a bunch of goodies). But my best friend picked up a "new" 2017 fully loaded Alfa well into 2018 for 20k off sticker (72k vs 92). It's fast and fun to drive...lots of torque.

​​​​​​He has 4k miles on it and door panels are flexing when you pull the door shut and leather is already creased around the handhold used to close door. Other than that the interior is holding up well but the infotainment and backup camera suck. He has the carbon seats which hold youy very well and are surprisingly comfortable but not heated, cooled, or in my opinion great for extended road trips. Also the carbon ceramic brakes take a lil while to get to temp and start grabbing but once they do they seem great (to be fair I think that's most carbon ceramic option).

The Audi A5/S5/RS5 interior (I have a prestige with DAP) kills the Alfa...just a more classy and sophisticated place to be. Overall I'm very happy with my choice and would go Audi all over again. But having said that every time he asks if I wanna drive it I jump on the opportunity with a smile!
Old 01-24-2019, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
made after all by a FIAT (aka Fix It Again Tony!) subsidiary!
HAH! I was in Italy (specifically, Rome) in the summer of 2017, and two different Italian taxi drivers on two different occasions use that same "Fix It Again Tony" comment on Fiats that we'd passed broken down on the side of the road.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
HAH! I was in Italy (specifically, Rome) in the summer of 2017, and two different Italian taxi drivers on two different occasions use that same "Fix It Again Tony" comment on Fiats that we'd passed broken down on the side of the road.
It's a very old joke about Fiat. Sounds most hilarious when said in proper Italian accent/intonation with the required hand gesture! No slight intended for any Italian bro or sis here.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:38 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
It's a very old joke about Fiat. Sounds most hilarious when said in proper Italian accent/intonation with the required hand gesture! No slight intended for any Italian bro or sis here.

I hope no one on AudiWorld is that sensitive.

Quick Reply: Anyone cross-shop the Alfa Guilia Quad vs. the RS5?