Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Arrived! 2019 RS5 Sportback - Sonoma Green

Old 01-23-2019, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
Very nice. I really like the Sonoma Green.

You had the grill RS5 badge removed by the dealer?! I wish I would have asked my dealer to do that.
I wondered when someone would notice that. 😁

It comes off easily from the outside. Salesman took it off himself while I was driving in.

Rear RS badge and dealership decal need to be removed.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scorchy
Man, that is just gorgeous. Tried to convince my wife to go with Sonoma Green, but no dice. I'm jealous.
I fell in love with the NY auto show launch car... I HAD to order the green. I’ve never owned a green car before.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisRS5

It comes off easily from the outside. Salesman took it off himself while I was driving in.

I can't stand when they do that. I always tell them that if they put stickers on their cars, to not bother.

Will likely removed front badge too. Rear one was removed as well as rings. Xpel going on and then will install black rear rings.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

This color looks the best when the sun shines on it. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of it.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really?! I've struggled with mine because I want to take it off, but can't seem to. I'm worried I'll use too much force and end up breaking something. I was under the impression the entire grill had to come off. Did you happen to see any of what was done to remove it?

Thanks and congrats again!
Old 01-23-2019, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport
I can't stand when they do that. I always tell them that if they put stickers on their cars, to not bother.

Will likely removed front badge too. Rear one was removed as well as rings. Xpel going on and then will install black rear rings.
Yeah, I'm glad my dealer didn't put on their own sticker. I like having the badges, I just don't like the shiny silver look. My front and rear rings, as well as the rear RS5 badge are black. I'd like to have a black RS5 on the grill too, but removing it entirely would also work.

Last edited by Chris; 01-23-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chris
Really?! I've struggled with mine because I want to take it off, but can't seem to. I'm worried I'll use too much force and end up breaking something. I was under the impression the entire grill had to come off. Did you happen to see any of what was done to remove it?

Thanks and congrats again!
I didn’t see it done personally (was already off when I arrived). But he said that he just reached in and pinched the clip behind the grill with his fingers and it came off.

I’ve seen the article with the grill removal instructions, so I was surprised that it was so easy.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I’ve seen the article with the grill removal instructions, so I was surprised that it was so easy.
Could you post a link to those instructions, Chris?

I can't find a 'how to' thread on AudiWorld for installing an RS5 grill on my A5. Thanks, in advance.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats and have an absolute blast in it! As I'm waiting for my own pick-up,it's nice to see all the new RS5 rides as well, the excitement leaps off the screen and gets me even more jazzed for my own. That Sonoma is stunning, is the honeycomb stitching in the Nappa leather also green?
Old 01-23-2019, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the picture with the two additional beings that are now #2 and #3 in the list of "Things Daddy Loves Best".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arrived! 2019 RS5 Sportback - Sonoma Green