Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi Care Service

Old 05-15-2018, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Audi Care at ~$870 for 20/30/40/50k service, its not bad. Changes oil/brake fluids, oil/intake/cabin filters, and replaces spark plugs at 40k miles. Tranny oil/filter replacement per maintenance schedule is at 40k miles, not certain if that's included (I would argue that it is). Brake pad replacement is not included. I was able to buy the package when I went in for my 10k mile free service (same list price). I usually do all the maintenance on my cars, but figured I'd get them to maintain it so that the various transmogrifiers are properly greased (or whatever else they "check" in their list).
Old 05-16-2018, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

If you plan on keeping the car for at least 5 years or 50,000 miles then I think the plan makes a lot of sense at $869 or less. The oil changes on our cars use 8 quarts of Audi spec 508/508 0W-20 synthetic oil, which is currently over $12 per quart and not widely available right now. When you add the 2 brake flushes (every 2 years), engine & cabin A/C filters, spark plugs (at 40k) and tire rotations it makes a lot of sense to have the plan. You also either need to buy a device or go to a shop that has one to reset the maintenance light since I believe that is done through the OBDII system, not the MMI.

I am usually one who likes to do their own maintenance here at the house, but for $869 it was a no brainer for me to buy the program, especially since I have an awesome local dealer who I trust to perform all the service.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

I asked my service advisor about the costs for 20k, 30k, 40k, and 50k service. She printed quotes for each of them with all four totaling over $1700.
I purchased Audicare at list for $869. That afternoon, I received a postcard from AoA for $100 off Audicare. Stopped in at the dealership the next business day asking what they could do. They said it was already processed so they can’t send it thru AoA but they would cut me a $100 check as customer good will. I expect to have my 30k service before year end.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone found dealers that will sell Audi Care or the warranty at a discount from this or other forums? I know some dealers will sell just those at a lower cost just to transact it and make a small profit.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:21 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by lowjdml
I asked my service advisor about the costs for 20k, 30k, 40k, and 50k service. She printed quotes for each of them with all four totaling over $1700.
I purchased Audicare at list for $869. That afternoon, I received a postcard from AoA for $100 off Audicare. Stopped in at the dealership the next business day asking what they could do. They said it was already processed so they can’t send it thru AoA but they would cut me a $100 check as customer good will. I expect to have my 30k service before year end.
I’d say that your dealer is pretty straight up.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=TruK1lla;25153042]I just got my S5 sportback and bought the Audi Care.
I was wondering what is the maintenance schedule is like for the Audi S5 so that I can use the Audi Care.

Thanks guys!
I currently have a Q5 on a lease and I've ordered theS5 Sportback. I have audi care on the Q5 and you just have to take the car in once a year regardless of the milage but here's what happened when I took my car in for service I told them to rotate the tires I thought that should have been included they charged me $80 for a rotation that I could've done with a tire shop for $15
If you do not mind could you let me know what they hit you for audi care
Old 05-17-2018, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
If you plan on keeping the car for at least 5 years or 50,000 miles then I think the plan makes a lot of sense at $869 or less. The oil changes on our cars use 8 quarts of Audi spec 508/508 0W-20 synthetic oil, which is currently over $12 per quart and not widely available right now. When you add the 2 brake flushes (every 2 years), engine & cabin A/C filters, spark plugs (at 40k) and tire rotations it makes a lot of sense to have the plan. You also either need to buy a device or go to a shop that has one to reset the maintenance light since I believe that is done through the OBDII system, not the MMI.

I am usually one who likes to do their own maintenance here at the house, but for $869 it was a no brainer for me to buy the program, especially since I have an awesome local dealer who I trust to perform all the service.
Tire rotations are not included in Audicare. The 40k service also includes the DSG transmission fluid change.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by lowjdml
Tire rotations are not included in Audicare. The 40k service also includes the DSG transmission fluid change.
We have a ZF transmission, so there is no fluid change in the first 5 year/50,000 miles time frame. I did not know that the tire rotations were not included in Audi Care.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rbjones21
Has anyone found dealers that will sell Audi Care or the warranty at a discount from this or other forums? I know some dealers will sell just those at a lower cost just to transact it and make a small profit.
bump.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I lease through my business. According to my finance person, If you buy Audicare, the residual value is increased by 1% when calculating lease payments. This meant basically zero change in payments to add Audicare.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Care Service