Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
My biggest problem with the app is that I never was able to figure out how to make it work with my car
It appears that the are a long list of steps for the initial set up and pairing with your car. A girl at the dealership tasked with explaining all of the tech functionality of the cars during delivery completed the registration and initiation process for me the day before I picked up the car and the process was seamless for me; all I had to do was change a few passwords and download the app.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:19 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I started the process with a person on the Audi Support site — on the phone — and then I had to travel back to my dealership to “verify” my identity. He called an Audi number and gave me a “verification number” that I entered into the Audi Connect web site and everything just worked from that point on.

I’ve had zero issues since then.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Checked the app today, and the Vehicle Status Report and Car Locator were both available. It's so refreshing to be able to use these features again.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Now if only you didn't have to pay $400 for traffic updates. BMW RTTI is free for the life of the vehicle and Mercedes covers you for three years. If we're talking about quality of services offered, Audi is seriously lagging behind. Audi Connect also doesn't seem to be stable. I've had more outages in a year with Audi Connect than I ever have with the four or five BMW's I've owned combined.

Audi also needs to integrate remote start. BMW started offering it recently and Mercedes has been doing it VIA mBrace app for awhile now.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 03-12-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Now if only you didn't have to pay $400 for traffic updates. BMW RTTI is free for the life of the vehicle and Mercedes covers you for three years. If we're talking about quality of services offered, Audi is seriously lagging behind. Audi Connect also doesn't seem to be stable. I've had more outages in a year with Audi Connect than I ever have with the four or five BMW's I've owned combined.

Audi also needs to integrate remote start. BMW started offering it recently and Mercedes has been doing it VIA mBrace app for awhile now.
Agreed, traffic info is the ridiculous one compared to other brands. Others offer it for free forever too, like Lexus. Stability and performance are also underwhelming in an age where so many things are instant.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rccoleman

Agreed, traffic info is the ridiculous one compared to other brands. Others offer it for free forever too, like Lexus. Stability and performance are also underwhelming in an age where so many things are instant.
Audi surely has a bigger budget than BMW and Mercedes. Not sure what the Audi folks are thinking. The car itself has treated me somewhat well, but the overall experience with Audi has been...bland. Don't expect this with a car that costs $60,000+
Old 03-12-2019, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-

Don't forget BMW is the company that charges $80/year for CarPlay...
Old 03-12-2019, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

A friend got a new X3 last year and just lost his ‘Connected Plus’ features. I asked him how much it was to renew and he said $24. ‘A month?’ I asked. ‘Nope, a year.’ That’s the kind of nominal ‘are you using it?’ fee that I don’t mind.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by belzebutt
Don't forget BMW is the company that charges $80/year for CarPlay...
They just started doing that last year. Audi will start charging you monthly for individual features. Want HUD to work? Pay for it for it separately. Want adaptive headlights? Pay for it separately. BMW is going down this road too. Regardless of the payment structure, they weren't charging for Apple Car play when I had my BMW's and the mobile app still worked flawlessly.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rccoleman
A friend got a new X3 last year and just lost his ‘Connected Plus’ features. I asked him how much it was to renew and he said $24. ‘A month?’ I asked. ‘Nope, a year.’ That’s the kind of nominal ‘are you using it?’ fee that I don’t mind.
$24/year is really nothing. I still shouldn't have to pay $400 for real time traffic info for TWO YEARS.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect