Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi financing

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by JFerraro819
You get an audi loyalty rebate for around 1k
But only if you are / have been a previous Audi Owner I believe. As this is my first Audi, I did not qualify for this rebate / discount. Also, if Audi has a “Summer Of Audi” promotion and you are buying / leasing any of the eligible models.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by JFerraro819
You get an audi loyalty rebate for around 1k
The loyalty rebate has nothing to do with financing. That's a rebate given to current Audi owners who purchase a new Audi, regardless of how you pay for it. I got the loyalty discount on my RS5 and I paid cash. There might be other incentives Audi gives for financing through AFS.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by duhg
I don't want to turn this into a *****-length comparison thread, but I got under 2.5% from my credit union. I would consider anything above 3.5% to be criminal.
I’m around the same, with exceptional credit, but through a major national bank with whom I have several other lines of credit and a long history with. 60mo loan, originated a year ago. (I doubt rates have doubled since then but I honestly wouldn’t know).

OP, you could always call AFS directly and ask them to reconsider your rate. Perhaps a mistake was made or a detail was overlooked or typod when they pulled your history or considered your financing application? Your credit isn’t perfect but it’s definitely “good-to-great” and 5+% seems very high for a standard term loan. If they won’t budge I’d shop around and see what’s possible elsewhere.

At the end of the day we each have to shop for and choose the financial products that fit us best.

Last edited by mplsbrian; 06-06-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
The loyalty rebate has nothing to do with financing. That's a rebate given to current Audi owners who purchase a new Audi, regardless of how you pay for it. I got the loyalty discount on my RS5 and I paid cash. There might be other incentives Audi gives for financing through AFS.
There are two $1000 incentive programs, the national Owner Loyalty Audi Financing program and another program for current owners. The Owner Loyalty Audi Financing, as you might imagine from the name, requires financing through Audi and is not available on the RS5. There is another program, whose name I don't recall, that was sent out only to current Audi owners that is also good for $1000 and appeared to have no qualifications. If you financed through Audi, as I did, you get $2000 in incentives.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss

This is the only offer on audi's website with my zip code

2018 Audi A5 Sportback $1,000* Owner Loyalty Audi Financial Services Offer

Manufacturer Offers

This offer is extended to individuals or businesses that currently own or lease a MY05 or newer Audi model (proof of ownership required) who finance their lease or purchase through Audi Financial Services
Old 06-06-2018, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AgMaple
There are two $1000 incentive programs, the national Owner Loyalty Audi Financing program and another program for current owners. The Owner Loyalty Audi Financing, as you might imagine from the name, requires financing through Audi and is not available on the RS5. There is another program, whose name I don't recall, that was sent out only to current Audi owners that is also good for $1000 and appeared to have no qualifications. If you financed through Audi, as I did, you get $2000 in incentives.
This is incorrect. I financed a portion of my new RS5 and got the $1000 off via the loyalty program. I then paid it off ten days later.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jkwb49
This is incorrect. I financed a portion of my new RS5 and got the $1000 off via the loyalty program. I then paid it off ten days later.
I should correct and state that this was the only offer available when I purchased the car at the end of March. I don't bother looking now... The rate was criminal and that's why I paid it off immediately.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

It appears the 1k rebate is gone on the RS5. guess i don't have to worry about that rate. ended up taking the 4.49 for the a5 and will refi in 3 months
Old 06-06-2018, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jkwb49
I should correct and state that this was the only offer available when I purchased the car at the end of March. I don't bother looking now... The rate was criminal and that's why I paid it off immediately.
Any more changes you want to make to your story? Since it is now nothing like what you originally claimed and exactly what I said, and you called incorrect.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AgMaple
Any more changes you want to make to your story? Since it is now nothing like what you originally claimed and exactly what I said, and you called incorrect.
Actually the offer on the Audi website is exactly the same as when I bought my car. If you finance through Audi you can get $1k off any new Audi if you are a returning customer. You said the offer did not apply to the RS5 and this is incorrect and I received this discount. I updated my statement because I thought maybe it could have changed and I am not checking this, but according to the website it hasn't. I am not sure what "story" I am telling since the car is in my garage. Did you buy a RS5 and not get the discount as a returning customer who financed through AFS?

Quick Reply: Audi financing