Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi Pre Sense

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Audi Pre Sense

Hello everyone, recently i've experienced the audi pre sense braking the car instantly. I tried turning it off but it will turn on again the next time i turn the car on. I read people being able to set it to late however mine doesn't show such option. My car is not equipped with the driver assistance package by the way. Any suggestion would be helpful!
Old 01-17-2019, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by IvanLZ
Hello everyone, recently i've experienced the audi pre sense braking the car instantly. I tried turning it off but it will turn on again the next time i turn the car on. I read people being able to set it to late however mine doesn't show such option. My car is not equipped with the driver assistance package by the way. Any suggestion would be helpful!
Going forward or while in reverse? If your car has no DAP it shouldn't have Pre Sense Front.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by luder888
Going forward or while in reverse? If your car has no DAP it shouldn't have Pre Sense Front.
Reverse.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My car is a premium plus (no dap I think)

And, when I got too close to a car in front of me, the pre-sense lit up the dashboard. I did not notice it doing anything with the brakes though.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Reverse.
Sounds like the same issue I'm experiencing. It is actually the rear cross traffic warning. My Pre Sense pre-warning is already set to "Off" but I still get braking going in reverse on a regular basis. I don't think the Pre Sense settings has anything to do with the rear cross traffic...
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...ation-2965650/
Old 01-17-2019, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

That's incorrect; all S5s, unfortunately, include Pre-sense City.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Then there is no way of turning it off? It gives me a heart attack every time it happens and i imagine it being bad for the brakes.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Then there is no way of turning it off? It gives me a heart attack every time it happens and i imagine it being bad for the brakes.

Yes I've developed reverse anxiety because of it. I never know if I actually ran over a child, ran into a pole, or just some computerized back seat driver being stupid. I would assume there should be some sensors you can disconnect or a fuse you can pull to disable the reverse cross traffic braking entirely. If anyone figured out do share.

Last edited by luder888; 01-17-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I've developed reverse anxiety because of it. I never know if I actually ran over a child, ran into a pole, or just some computerized back seat driver being stupid. I would assume there should be some sensors you can disconnect or a fuse you can pull to disable the reverse cross traffic braking entirely. If anyone figured out do share.
Only solution would be coding. I'm not sure if anyone has played with the setting but since there is no information online I'm assuming not. Meanwhile i will just have to pay attention to the red arrows during reversing. Once the arrows show up i will have to adjust things so it doesn't brake. Quite annoying.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

No kidding - the first time this happened to me I thought I hit a pole and instantaneous caused heart palpitations and a major adrenaline spike. This happened the second and third time as well, and then when it would have actually been useful, it did not kick in. I still had the car in reverse, because like all good people with an Audi/reverse camera I backed into a parking spot and forgot to hit the darn "P" button, the car launched backwards and luckily I slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting a column - so when I needed the darn pre-sense it failed and when it wasn't needed, it failed. smh

Quick Reply: Audi Pre Sense