Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi S5 - Improvements for the refresh - What would you like to see?

Old 08-27-2018, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
Yes!!!! Remote start via smart phone is a no-brainer. Also A/C and heater control via smartphone,
Not for almost $28/month.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 587 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
2. I have 5,000 miles on my car now. The car really likes to understeer and it's frustrating. I'm going 20 and turning into my street and the car pushes wide. I'm sure Audi engineers can get the engine behind the front axle and not have 60% of the weight over the front wheels. This is something that really needs to be readied for the next generation.
Not without switching over to a different AWD system. The engine is so far forward because the front differential is integrated into the transmission so the transmission need to be far froward to line up with the front wheels. Audi would need to switch over to a Borg-Warner system like Porsche uses. That uses a power take off on the transmission to power a separate front differential. That allows the engine and transmission to be set further back.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:02 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,378 Posts

But does the B-W system add weight with the additional driveshaft-to-the-front-differential?
Old 08-28-2018, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default well...

Originally Posted by Nikon1
But does the B-W system add weight with the additional driveshaft-to-the-front-differential?
An AWD A4 weighs 176 pounds more than a front wheel drive A4. A Porsche Carrera 4S weighs 110 pounds more than a Carrera S. It seems to me this has more to do with starting from a front wheel drive platform and cost than anything else.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A fix for the disgraceful lag on the throttle and gearbox, drive a BMW and see how it's done properly Audi you incompetent ******
Old 08-28-2018, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Oceanic
A fix for the disgraceful lag on the throttle and gearbox, drive a BMW and see how it's done properly Audi you incompetent ******
LOL. Agreed 100% but you might get hate from some of the sensitive fans of the B9 lag (which they will sometimes deny even exists).
Old 08-28-2018, 07:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I went straight from a BMW 440i into an Audi S5

Same gearbox (although you'd never believe it) and completely different the way they respond, or lack of response in the Audi's case. You get nothing sometimes, then all of a sudden full throttle, it's dangerous unless you drive in 'S' mode all the time

BMW ZF gearbox experience is sublime, it's like it can read your mind, if you want to see how it should be done if you think there is nothing wrong with you car go drive a 440i for a few hours then get back in your S4/S5 and tell me there is nothing wrong with it.

Audi do not know how to write software for this gearbox yet, unfortunately we are the Guinea Pig Beta testers, I'll be going back to BMW when my lease is up as it completely ruins what is otherwise a very decent car.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Oceanic
Well I went straight from a BMW 440i into an Audi S5

Same gearbox (although you'd never believe it) and completely different the way they respond, or lack of response in the Audi's case. You get nothing sometimes, then all of a sudden full throttle, it's dangerous unless you drive in 'S' mode all the time

BMW ZF gearbox experience is sublime, it's like it can read your mind, if you want to see how it should be done if you think there is nothing wrong with you car go drive a 440i for a few hours then get back in your S4/S5 and tell me there is nothing wrong with it.

Audi do not know how to write software for this gearbox yet, unfortunately we are the Guinea Pig Beta testers, I'll be going back to BMW when my lease is up as it completely ruins what is otherwise a very decent car.
You are right on all accounts. It's really a shame too.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
LOL. Agreed 100% but you might get hate from some of the sensitive fans of the B9 lag (which they will sometimes deny even exists).
Of course, for those is us that bought an S car to drive it as intended (in S mode), your “issue” is completely non-existent!

I have to ask: If your experience is so bad, why do you keep the car? I would not keep a car that I claimed was dangerous even it meant I took a $ loss.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon63
I have to ask: If your experience is so bad, why do you keep the car? I would not keep a car that I claimed was dangerous even it meant I took a $ loss.
That’s a good question. A “fix” is not coming, no matter how much an owner complains. If it bothered me that much I’d move along.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi S5 - Improvements for the refresh - What would you like to see?