Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi S5 - Improvements for the refresh - What would you like to see?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Turbo lag.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Stankia
Turbo lag.
It's really not that bad. Are you referring to the throttle tip-in delay?
Old 02-12-2018, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot Ice=-
Always putting the car into S instead of D takes care of that. I am now just used to tapping the gearshift twice after backing out of the driveway/parking space and the problem is solved.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Always putting the car into S instead of D takes care of that. I am now just used to tapping the gearshift twice after backing out of the driveway/parking space and the problem is solved.
Agreed!! I don't drive in D anymore except for long road trips on the highway.

- Automatic / Remote Starter
(I'm surprised no one added this to the list. I understand it's not an option in Germany due to their laws, but here in the US we should have that as an option, especially for the ones that live in the colder states.

- Navigation w/Traffic
(Traffic should come as part of the Navigation package without having to do a subscription service (as i've heard comes standard with other high end cars .. BMW, Mercedes, Porsche)

- Relocation of cup holders
(Unless you have a small cup, the location of these need to be reconsidered as I can't tell how many times I've spilt liquid trying to get it out especially standard travel mugs)

Just a few of my own things I would like to see added/changed in the future.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by bluaudi
Agreed!! I don't drive in D anymore except for long road trips on the highway.

- Automatic / Remote Starter
(I'm surprised no one added this to the list. I understand it's not an option in Germany due to their laws, but here in the US we should have that as an option, especially for the ones that live in the colder states.

- Navigation w/Traffic
(Traffic should come as part of the Navigation package without having to do a subscription service (as i've heard comes standard with other high end cars .. BMW, Mercedes, Porsche)

- Relocation of cup holders
(Unless you have a small cup, the location of these need to be reconsidered as I can't tell how many times I've spilt liquid trying to get it out especially standard travel mugs)

Just a few of my own things I would like to see added/changed in the future.
Agreed with the relocation of the cup holders!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, once you get going it's not bad but in bumper to bumper traffic it's pretty bad.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stankia
Turbo lag.
Agreed! While I understand I can put the car in "S" mode, I don't always want that from a "whole care" point of view. My 435 with power and sound had almost no lag unless i was in comfort mode. this car is a slug off the line compared to that (at least the way I drive)
Old 02-13-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed with the relocation of the cup holders!
Agreed! they are too close to the toggle switches.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Wholeheartedly agree with all these suggestions. Hopefully Audi implements them for future owners and possible retrofitting, where possible.

I'd add (some aesthetic):
1. Lane departure assist standard on Premium Plus. It is standard a lot of cheaper cars now and you can get in on VWs for a lot cheaper.
2. Bring back the rear fog light so we don't have an ugly blank where it used to be on 2017 A4.
3. Better sound dampening materials for the B&O system. Like the A4, the A5 coupe's rear decks gets a buzzing if you play anything with bass and forget turning up the subwoofer. I did not have this problem in my 428i since the was a subwoofer under each seat. Perhaps getting rid of the 10" in the deck and copying BMW might be good?
4. A better kick to open trunk. The thing works abysmally to the point of useless. The BMW's didn't work great, but it was better.
5. Touchscreen plus MMI controller.
6. Getting rid of the wind noise around the B pillar, but car is quieter than the BMW that had awful A pillar wind noise.
7. Front seat headrests that actually go all they way down.
8. Padded door armrests like the models with the stitched armrests and center console. No hardish armrests like a cheap compact car. BMW was better.
9. Red light open door warning lights.
10. Ability to dim instrument panel more.
11. Additional 12v locations in the front. The BMW had one hiding under the glove box so I plugged my iPhone into that and so the cord and plug were hidden from the center console.
12. A sunglass holder? BMW didn't have either.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Background

2. Heated Mirrors: Why do they have to be turned on manually? Every BMW and every Mercedes that I have had experience with turns this feature on automatically dependent on temperature and conditions and adjusts accordingly. (Rain or snow).
What? How do you turn them on? I figured they were auto-on when the mirror select was in the center (not adjusting either left or right mirrors).

Also I would add:

1. Bring back the lowered volume on startup feature. I had it in all my previous Audis. You get out of the car with the music blaring, when you start it back up it's at a nice reasonable volume. Now, I get in my car and music is way too loud.
2. Built in dash-cams. The car has both front and rear cameras. They should act as dash cams. Not hard to have a small SD card in there to write the video to. Add a g-sensor to the car so that if it gets hit while parked the cameras turn on to see who/what did it. All easy/cheap tech.
3. Sunglasses holder would be nice.

Quick Reply: Audi S5 - Improvements for the refresh - What would you like to see?