Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B&O Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bass seemed fine. I have it set at maybe 65% to 70% on the dial. I didn't have any issues while blasting it last night in the car but I wasn't driving. Maybe that will change once the car starts moving.

I did get some screeching / vibrating sounds from the speakers on the front doors while driving back the other day but that went away after a while. Hope that was an one-off issue.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INCINER8
I did get some screeching / vibrating sounds from the speakers on the front doors while driving back the other day but that went away after a while. Hope that was an one-off issue.
thats what I am referring to
Old 05-27-2017, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by plat27265
I think they start at around the price you mentioned and some higher model MB or Porsches go for more than that.
Try $6300 for the B&O in the Audi A8L! And worth every penny! Awesome system!
Old 05-28-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bass leaves much to be desired and there's distortion at normal equalizer settings with midrange volume. The sound system is otherwise great, I'm forced to play only high bitrate music because you can really hear the compression with standard qualities.

If any decides to put in a real sub please post pictures.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by HudsonS5
The bass leaves much to be desired and there's distortion at normal equalizer settings with midrange volume. The sound system is otherwise great, I'm forced to play only high bitrate music because you can really hear the compression with standard qualities.

If any decides to put in a real sub please post pictures.
Fortunately, that isn't the case in the A8L version. Yes, you will get disagreements from some A8 owners on the bass quality/response but as a professional electric bass player for about 40 years, it sounds exactly as it should on anything other than rap/hip hop, etc. which I never play and never would.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You're right, what a difference between Bluetooth and either a direct SD card or Android Auto. I was initially disappointing because I had been using Bluetooth.

I pulled out the subwoofer to see what it was all about. The wires between the Bang & Olufsen amplifier and the subwoofer are very very tiny. I've got full pics and ohm rating of the sub if anyone wants to see it.

Originally Posted by INCINER8
Never realized how good the sound system was until I blasted it just now in my car. Very crisp and no distortion at all I do notice a difference though when I run my music via Bluetooth vs. Android Auto (plugged in via USB 1). AA is definitely more powerful. BT is not as loud and it doesn't take full advantage of the system I think. I'm going to try to run some HD music and see how that goes Overall, this has to be my favorite sound system out of all my cars. I think Porsche has a $5,000+ sound system option but I never tried it. This is more than good enough for me
Old 06-06-2017, 05:56 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

When using Bluetooth, the manual says:

pg 234
Old 06-06-2017, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For me B/T just didnt sound as clean as using an SD card, not sure why. I had the volume at max levels but could be the equalization settings on my phone, however it typically sounds great with higher end B/T headphones. Had a chance to listen to the system a little more tonight, and I agree with most that it sounds excellent overall. Considering there's a relatively tiny 6.5" woofer slamming around in a plastic enclosure, it is able to hit deep notes better than I would have expected. Still wish Audi bumped the price $250 and gave us a proper subwoofer. I will have this little guy swapped before the weekend.

Originally Posted by N8!
When using Bluetooth, the manual says:

pg 234
Old 06-07-2017, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

^^

You are measuring the resistance of the voice coil, and not the impedance of the speaker.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:44 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
^^

You are measuring the resistance of the voice coil, and not the impedance of the speaker.

Good info on Resistance vs Impedance with respect to speakers:
Resistance vs Impedance

Quick Reply: B&O Experience