Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the look of Quatrings did. Is there anywhere where I can obtain that or a very similar front grill without the need to Frankenstein the sensors (I have DAP)?
Old 11-16-2017, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Quattrings, what did you do to solve your issue?
Are you also still using the custom aluminum bracket for your front camera?
I was going to also wrap my bar, but now I'm trying to think so something to put on it that will last longer.
Maybe a satin vinyl with PPF on top of it would be better.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
Quattrings, what did you do to solve your issue?
Are you also still using the custom aluminum bracket for your front camera?
I was going to also wrap my bar, but now I'm trying to think so something to put on it that will last longer.
Maybe a satin vinyl with PPF on top of it would be better.
The aluminum bracket holds the camera very securely, using the original screw holes in the grill. I may look into buying the OEM bracket now that I passed the PDC concerns.
I'm almost embarrassed to share the grotesque surgery that was performed on the donor sensors... If only the sensors would have worked with the system, it would have been perfect. Maybe someone who knows more about how these things operate can comment about adapting sensors or possibly what sensors are compatible with the '18 B9

So here are some pics on how both fit into the grill. The 3rd pic is the finished product. All I did was relocate the way that the plug exists the sensor. Some cutting, plastic melting, and then sealing. Most may find it easier to just drill a hole in the bumper.... I figured that I had 2 extra sensors.... so why not..

Old 11-16-2017, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Quattrings
The aluminum bracket holds the camera very securely, using the original screw holes in the grill. I may look into buying the OEM bracket now that I passed the PDC concerns.
I'm almost embarrassed to share the grotesque surgery that was performed on the donor sensors... If only the sensors would have worked with the system, it would have been perfect. Maybe someone who knows more about how these things operate can comment about adapting sensors or possibly what sensors are compatible with the '18 B9

So here are some pics on how both fit into the grill. The 3rd pic is the finished product. All I did was relocate the way that the plug exists the sensor. Some cutting, plastic melting, and then sealing. Most may find it easier to just drill a hole in the bumper.... I figured that I had 2 extra sensors.... so why not..
That is actually a pretty smart way to get it done! It worked and does not look horrible, so why not.
I think what I may do is walk around the Audi dealership and see which 2018+ vehicles look to have the parking sensor with an "L" shape. Hopefully those may be compatible.
Do you think the A7/S7 front camera bracket will work with the RS style grille?
Old 11-16-2017, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
That is actually a pretty smart way to get it done! It worked and does not look horrible, so why not.
I think what I may do is walk around the Audi dealership and see which 2018+ vehicles look to have the parking sensor with an "L" shape. Hopefully those may be compatible.
Do you think the A7/S7 front camera bracket will work with the RS style grille?
thanks! I think the sensors that I bought were meant for a Q5, but probably a B8... That might be a good idea, buying the proper ones, because they do fit... tight, but it works and its easier than drilling through aluminum.

I recall that the bracket looked similar, but maybe looking into the 18 RS5 OEM piece and seeing if it looks similar. Anyone here have access to ETKA?

-----
Old 11-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Quick update for you guys. Just received the new sensor(s) and giving it a shot in the grill. As you can see from the pic, the connector exists to the side rather than the back. Will it be enough saved space to fit without modification(s)? And will the system work the same with a different VAG part? Those questions will be answered shortly - hopefully PDC is happy.

What part did you order? I see there are 2018 Q7 parking sensors online as well as B9 A4's sensors online though.
My grille is on the way also. Although the seller told me that I have no problem installing it, after reading the thread, I am worried about the installation now.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Our B9 S5 sensors are part number: 5Q0 919 275 C and the sensors that I had purchased were: 5Q0 919 275 -(without the C)

Are any of the sensors that you see shaped where the plug exits to the side rather than straight back?

Originally Posted by JIAWEI Zhao
What part did you order? I see there are 2018 Q7 parking sensors online as well as B9 A4's sensors online though.
My grille is on the way also. Although the seller told me that I have no problem installing it, after reading the thread, I am worried about the installation now.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Our B9 S5 sensors are part number: 5Q0 919 275 C and the sensors that I had purchased were: 5Q0 919 275 -(without the C)

Are any of the sensors that you see shaped where the plug exits to the side rather than straight back?
I have found ones like PARK SENSOR - VOLKSWAGEN (5Q0-919-275-C-GRU) here. Don't know if it would ever work with a GRU ending.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:13 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

LOL It is crazy isn't it - gotta love today's search engines that spider the whole Internet so thoroughly.
-----------

**Slight Thread Derail88
Yeah, it is rough for the amateur photographer to keep businesses from using your images for commercial purposes.

I like drinking beer and as a hobby, taking pix of beer and I have seen several of my images being used for sales and for sale on the intrawebz. I usually send the site owner a note telling them it is fine as long as I am credited for image. About 25% of the time it works

When the wife and I lived in Germany, we living in a small village in a house built in the year 1463 opposite a church built in the 1100's. There was a windowsill on the 2d floor that was the perfect place to shoot pix. Damn... I sure do missing living in Europe. :sigh:

I love freesole's Audi pix and they inspire me

Last edited by N8!; 11-17-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by N8!
**Slight Thread Derail88
Yeah, it is rough for the amateur photographer to keep businesses from using your images for commercial purposes.

I like drinking beer and as a hobby, taking pix of beer and I have seen several of my images being used for sales and for sale on the intrawebz. I usually send the site owner a note telling them it is fine as long as I am credited for image. About 25% of the time it works

When the wife and I lived in Germany, we living in a small village in a house built in the year 1463 opposite a church built in the 1100's. There was a windowsill on the 2d floor that was the perfect place to shoot pix. Damn... I sure do missing living in Europe. :sigh:

I love freesole's Audi pix and they inspire me
beautiful pic and now I want some good brew now! i think I'll crack open a Rogue Dead Guy.

Quick Reply: B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay