Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
I concur!
+1 on this as well. Personally, I'll be going with the RS grill as well. IMO it looks better than the chrome grill we have and it gives it a more sporty, distinctive look. Everyone has their own opinions though.

I have a RS style grill on my Q as well:

Last edited by freesole; 11-02-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stankia
Only a handful of people know what an RS5 is and even fever people know about which grills go on which Audi models. I think most people will put them on because they look nicer than the factory "Ford Fusion" looking grill, not because they're trying to convince people they bought a higher priced trim option of the Audi A5.
^^^^agree
Old 11-03-2017, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DBS1
^^^^agree
^^^^^^ Agree with this agree.... I love the honeycomb grill.. I could do without the RS badge but I really like the grill.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

^^^^ I officially agree to all the above agrees
Old 11-03-2017, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I certainly understand the desire to replace the grill as I'm not a fan of the stock grill either. I think Audi shared the production run with the Hyundai Sonata grills. While the Chinese honeycomb knockoffs look nice, from a distance, but probably only for awhile, I think it gives off a kind of "wanna be an RS" appearance.

For my money a quality OEM Audi S5 grill is a better option. So I decided to go to EuroPrice for an OEM Black Optics package consisting of the main grill, fog light grills, front lower trim, and rear lower trim & valance. I think it will look SOOOO much better than that Sonata looking thing currently sticking out of the front end of my car. This will also fit the car by not pretending to be an RS and I also expect it will all be quality parts and last like a stock Audi part should.

I cringe every time I look at the front end of my car. Then I get that impatient urge for it all to arrive so I can lose the Hyundai look.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:08 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by PRGeno
I certainly understand the desire to replace the grill as I'm not a fan of the stock grill either. I think Audi shared the production run with the Hyundai Sonata grills. While the Chinese honeycomb knockoffs look nice, from a distance, but probably only for awhile, I think it gives off a kind of "wanna be an RS" appearance.

For my money a quality OEM Audi S5 grill is a better option. So I decided to go to EuroPrice for an OEM Black Optics package consisting of the main grill, fog light grills, front lower trim, and rear lower trim & valance.

^^^^^^ Agree with this
Old 11-05-2017, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do like the quattro logo , but having the RS is a bit wannabe....
Old 11-05-2017, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

I like that grill and would be up to swapping mine out as I'm not a huge fan to the OEM S5 grill.

Its not about trying to emulate an RS5, its about improving the cars' overall esthetic.

Does this or does it not fit, and...how difficult is the bumper removal on these cars?
Old 11-05-2017, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

I should have one installed shortly. I agree with your statement of not liking the stock S5 grille much (though I like it better than the stock S5 black optic version).
To me, someone stating that installing this aftermarket grille is an attempt to imitate the RS5 model is also like saying a white person who gets artificially tan is trying to look Hispanic or Black.

It's all about aesthetics. No posing is going on and I'll pull that RS5 imitation badge on it off immediately.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
I should have one installed shortly. I agree with your statement of not liking the stock S5 grille much (though I like it better than the stock S5 black optic version).
To me, someone stating that installing this aftermarket grille is an attempt to imitate the RS5 model is also like saying a white person who gets artificially tan is trying to look Hispanic or Black.

It's all about aesthetics. No posing is going on and I'll pull that RS5 imitation badge on it off immediately.

Please keep us posted on this

Quick Reply: B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay