Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by JakePlummer
Please keep us posted on this
I'll have installed pics and a few tips posted by the end of the week in my thread.
By the way, I bought mine a few days before it was posted here from another eBay seller.
The seller I bought mine from has the grille in the black finish above, and another all silver finish with a black Quattro badge at the bottom.
The silver version would be nice on white or silver B9s.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
I should have one installed shortly. I agree with your statement of not liking the stock S5 grille much (though I like it better than the stock S5 black optic version).
To me, someone stating that installing this aftermarket grille is an attempt to imitate the RS5 model is also like saying a white person who gets artificially tan is trying to look Hispanic or Black.

It's all about aesthetics. No posing is going on and I'll pull that RS5 imitation badge on it off immediately.
It's funny that people say that a mod is an imitation of an RS car. I think some people just really like the stock car and the way it looks and that is totally fine. Personally, I find the RS Style grill a cool look compared to the stock silver one. Like you, I would take off the RS5 badge immediately as well. Looking forward to seeing how it looks like on your car. That's going to be one of my next mods. Just need to figure out whether I want to go with Silver or Black...
Old 11-05-2017, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BreedsAs
I'll have installed pics and a few tips posted by the end of the week in my thread.
By the way, I bought mine a few days before it was posted here from another eBay seller.
The seller I bought mine from has the grille in the black finish above, and another all silver finish with a black Quattro badge at the bottom.
The silver version would be nice on white or silver B9s.
Would you be able to PM me where you got your grill from?
Old 11-05-2017, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I also will be installing the Audi OEM Black optic lower left and right bumper grilles, along with the lower center grille. Hopefully they match the main RS style grille because they are like a gloss dark grey color, not all black.

Here's those links Freesole.

​​​​​​Black:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gloss-Black...MAAOSwYVlZ9Dfw

Silver:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matte-Silve...AAAOSwbF1Z-DA6

Last edited by BreedsAs; 11-05-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm looking forward to seeing how this looks after install. I am having a hard time justifying the current cost of the black optics parts from TAG and Europrice... plus I like the honeycomb look.

Question - It looks like the rings aren't included. Can the rings badge be transplanted form the original grille to this one?
Old 11-06-2017, 06:15 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

On Europrice - https://europrice.us/grille--a5-s-line-black-opticc - it looks like there are some options to be considered when swapping the front grille; front parking sensors, US plate holder and front camera trim.

Not sure if these are items the Chinese version addresses.. but might be worth considering depending on your vehicle's options.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
On Europrice - https://europrice.us/grille--a5-s-line-black-opticc - it looks like there are some options to be considered when swapping the front grille; front parking sensors, US plate holder and front camera trim.

Not sure if these are items the Chinese version addresses.. but might be worth considering depending on your vehicle's options.
The Chinese version has all of the sensor/camera mounts (I saw a different listing that specifically mentioned the camera mount and said to specify if you want it or not).

For me, I plan to get the STO n SHOW license plate mount (or something similar) which eliminated the need for a grille mounted plate.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by N8!

It has all of those provisions.
It also does come with the chrome Audi rings emblem, or one can take off the factory one and plug it right to the new one.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jamis
For me, I plan to get the STO n SHOW license plate mount (or something similar) which eliminated the need for a grille mounted plate...
Still working on that, just got back from a week in Cabo, let me email Mashell now and see where we're at.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Bad photoshop job but it gives you an idea of ho it would look like.

Quick Reply: B9 RS5 "Style" grill on ebay