B9 S5 Strut Brace - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums

Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

B9 S5 Strut Brace

Old 02-07-2019, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by paradyne View Post
I fitted a front brace to my V6 Golf quattro fifteen years ago and it was the best mod for the money I ever did. Not sure what it will do to my S5 Cabriolet as it already seems really stiff
Cars are definitely a lot stiffer these days. I remember when you used to jack up a front wheel and the back wheel would stay on the ground If this brace is going to be noticeable on any B9 Audi I would think it would be a cabriolet. Let us know what you think after you get it installed.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Working or not, nothing wrong with a little bling for the engine compartment for those so inclined. YMMV
Old 02-07-2019, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Trex1200r View Post
This was not on my modification wish list. I wasn't going to dress up the engine bay that nobody is going to see but me and the mechanic..... and not convinced that this will make any difference what so ever....how is that for a sales pitch? But hey, I was browsing the ECS website and their billet strut brace was 61% off at $103 shipped. I'll have $100 bucks worth of fun just installing the thing! https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...019218ecs01~a/

It’s a shame you don’t get a “finders fee” for that post. I haven’t made a serious count but I think you and your post have generated 5 or 6 sales for this. ECS is probably thinking they’ve created a run with the pricing — and you have!

Thank You again, Trex1200r!

— John
Old 02-07-2019, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by Nikon1 View Post

Itís a shame you donít get a ďfinders feeĒ for that post. I havenít made a serious count but I think you and your post have generated 5 or 6 sales for this. ECS is probably thinking theyíve created a run with the pricing ó and you have!

ó John
hope everyone gets thereís soon and installed even sooner. Iím in the wait and see mode, but interested in this!
Old 02-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Itís a shame you donít get a ďfinders feeĒ for that post. I havenít made a serious count but I think you and your post have generated 5 or 6 sales for this. ECS is probably thinking theyíve created a run with the pricing ó and you have!

ó John
Your welcome! The funny part is I paid more than everyone else here. It was "only" 61% off when I ordered it. I am sure if ECS reads this thread they will see my first post and be a little underwhelmed with my sales pitch. I was a little nervous it was a pricing error but with the additional price drop and the fact that mine and others have shipped it must have been intentional. I usually don't see clearance stuff on mods for the current generation of cars and their brace was already the least expensive of the options out there. I have purchased other ECS branded items over the years and they have all been quality pieces, so am excited to get this installed.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Trex1200r — This is my first Audi and I was shocked / dismayed at the fact my $70K car did not have a dipstick — no way for me to see & smell my engine oil over the space of a year or 10K miles.

One of our members posted that ECS made a dipstick for our cars — it was crazy expensive, until I compared that to the cost of our cars and the peace-of-mind it would give me — so I bit the bullet and ordered one. Their products certainly seem well crafted and engineered, so when your post came up, it only took me a minute to see the value.

While this mod won’t give me the peace of mind that their dipstick did, it’s an inexpensive upgrade and I’m glad you found and posted the link.

The directions seem very easy and straightforward and I’m looking forward to the installing this mod!

— John
Old 02-07-2019, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BreedsAs View Post
I am tossing around the idea of getting one too. Or a rear sway bar. Or both!
Not to help you spend your money, but they have the 034 front and rear sway bar combo on sale for almost half price.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-034motor...-402-1012~034/

Old 02-07-2019, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not to help you spend your money, but they have the 034 front and rear sway bar combo on sale for almost half price.
I hope the newer polyurethane bushings are not squeaky as the old ones. I had the Acura approved Comptech front and rear sway bars installed by the dealer in my 1995 Integra they car squeaked and groaned like it was in heat, except on damp or rainy days - there was no good way to keep the grease inside.

One more thought for those considering the beefier sway bars. Make sure the attach points to the car frame are suitable for the extra stresses from the beefier sway bars; or the kit comes with doubler plates or large washers that will strengthen and distribute the stresses over a larger area.. Otherwise there is real possibility of tear out of the frame at the attach points and require welding and proper repair. Finally, hopefully adding the sway bars do not affect factory warranty. I say this from personal experience and acquired wisom of my years.

Last edited by 18A5SB; 02-08-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Haha the temptation is real now!
Old 02-07-2019, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Trex1200r ó This is my first Audi and I was shocked / dismayed at the fact my $70K car did not have a dipstick ó no way for me to see & smell my engine oil over the space of a year or 10K miles.

One of our members posted that ECS made a dipstick for our cars ó it was crazy expensive, until I compared that to the cost of our cars and the peace-of-mind it would give me ó so I bit the bullet and ordered one. Their products certainly seem well crafted and engineered, so when your post came up, it only took me a minute to see the value.

While this mod wonít give me the peace of mind that their dipstick did, itís an inexpensive upgrade and Iím glad you found and posted the link.

The directions seem very easy and straightforward and Iím looking forward to the installing this mod!

ó John
Iím still trying to find a dipstick that fits the A5 SB. ECS doesnít seem to have one that fits

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B9 S5 Strut Brace

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: